PDA

View Full Version : A Divided House

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Its hard to to talk about something you disagree with a spouse on. Especially when its something as important. We've tried and tried, and I've suggested she might want to get counseling a time or two but she always escalates things and calls me a Momma's boy.
I'm talking, of course, about my wife's total inability to make corn bread stuffing. She makes this midwestern, probably stolen from the Huns, bread stuffing that is basically like throwing a loaf of bread into a can of chicken broth stuff. My Mom said 'What did you expect, marrying somebody from Missouri?'

I have to make my own damned corn bread stuffing every Thanksgiving. She won't even try.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-22-2016, 12:11 PM
You need to man up and put your foot down. The stuffing is my favorite part of the meal. Ours, made from corn bread if course, usually has all sorts of goodies in it like, Italian sausage, pine nuts, dried cranberries, Parmesan cheese, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
11-22-2016, 12:39 PM
I dislike with great fervor any stuffing that's all mushy and stuff. If I want to mushy, I'll drown it in gravy right before I shove it in my pie hole.

airbud7
11-22-2016, 12:44 PM
I dislike with great fervor any stuffing that's all mushy and stuff. If I want to mshyu, I'll drown it in gravy right before I shove it in my pie hole.

Thats me too LJ^....let the gravy do the mushy stuff.......

giblet gravy at that!

Thumper
11-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Two easy words .... Stove Top! :)

No clue really. Lynn makes a good stuffing, but I have no clue how she makes it. I will say I prefer a cornbread stuffing and she prefers bread, but what can you expect from someone born in Los Angeles? BTW, she makes the cornbread stuffing 'cause I wear the pants in the family! (Don't bother inserting pink pants jokes here) ;)

She and her mom will be in the kitchen together this Thanksgiving, so I guess I'll have to settle for whatever they make for the big family gathering. I like both ... I just prefer cornbread.

quercus alba
11-22-2016, 02:42 PM
I need some clarification before I can toss in my two cents. is what you call cornbread stuffing the same as cornbread dressing or a totally different critter?

if you're into stuffing such as stove-top, try some sliced turkey from the deli, stir up a packet of Turkey gravy, open a can of cranberry sauce and cook you stuffing in a waffle iron, individual portions. get you stuffing fix without all the leftovers to get sick of. Or you might get a stuffing jones in the middle of June, easy peasy

airbud7
11-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Ya'll making me hungry damit!.....

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I mean dressing. We don't stuff the bird with anything but good vibes.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2016, 02:55 PM

And Trav I got the shit to make that pecan pie. I'm using Jeremiah Weed in mine.
BKB

quercus alba
11-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Barry do you have to make the giblet gravy too?

Chicken Dinner
11-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to try that pecan pie recipe...

airbud7
11-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Yea me to CD^....Wonder if some aiken SC hydroponic would be as good as Jeremiah stuff?...

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Jeremiah's Weed will make to try to take your damn pants off over your head.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Jeremiah's Weed will make to try to take your damn pants off over your head.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-22-2016, 04:28 PM
I'd take the hydroponic anydamnday!

And, this Jeremiah's weed is so good it'll even make you double-post.

LJ3
11-22-2016, 04:52 PM
Bam!

Captain
11-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Y'all worry about girl stuff.
I say I want cornbread and it appears...

jb
11-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Cornbread stuffing is right up there with boiled peanuts, IE: as in mouth full of shit.
Bread stuffing, thick and pasty, covered with good turkey gravy right next to the mashed taters on your plate.
Now as far as Pecan Pie, I've never tasted any better than those made by the Captains mother, made with fresh pecans off the farm by a true Southern Lady.

Captain
11-22-2016, 05:37 PM
She could sure make a good one, and I sure miss them.

Trav
11-22-2016, 06:19 PM

And Trav I got the shit to make that pecan pie. I'm using Jeremiah Weed in mine.
BKB

Let me know how you like it, I have a couple bottles of Havana Club rum and I was thinking about trying one with it.

Trav
11-22-2016, 06:21 PM
I usually make a cornbread dressing with oysters and sausage.

airbud7
11-22-2016, 09:25 PM
I'd take the hydroponic anydamnday!

And, this Jeremiah's weed is so good it'll even make you double-post.

Say what?

airbud7
11-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Say What?.....Opps double-post....:D

Arty
11-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Imma tell you all right now... that my wife has a cornbread stuffing recipe that was passed down from her GREAT grandmother, to her grandmother, to my mother in law, to my wife.... that will absolutely knock your socks off. AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE CORNBREAD STUFFING. I have had it exactly ONE time a year since 1997 when we got married.
It's dry. Unlike my mothers stuffing that was soppin' wet.
Man oh man, imma miss that this year because we are going to Hershey! But I bet those Amish ladies know how to make stuffing so I still have my hopes up.

Captain
11-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Hope you girls get your aprons pressed by Thursday.

Thumper
11-22-2016, 11:22 PM
I'm with you Cappy. I can't believe all the whooped wusses who hang around this place.

My recipe? "Woman! Get the dang vittles on the table, I'm hungry!" :D

LJ3
11-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Hope you girls get your aprons pressed by Thursday.

I have a personalized redskins apron and I'll wear it with not quite as much pride as jimmy and his pink pants!

Big Muddy
11-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Dang, 27 posts about cornbread dressing....just google Alton Brown's or Martha Stewart's website....only on GH !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2016, 10:00 AM
I figured the complaining would begin soon enough, but I ever figured it'd be you that'd be the turncoat Eddie.

I actually pegged Kribbs to be the first to say something. and then Captain.

Not to sound elitist but I've evolved.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Hey, I figured I'd join the SD badge competition around this joint. ;)

:GH Shit Disturber

LJ3
11-23-2016, 11:05 AM
That'll go pretty on your blaze orange apron, Eddie!

Big Muddy
11-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Hey, now that's an idea !!!!! ;)

Didn't know they even made 'em. ;)

Thumper
11-23-2016, 11:12 AM
As I sit here at the kitchen table sharing my wit and wisdom with Lynn and her mom, mom is cooking pancakes and Lynn is frying bacon. I'm sitting here waiting patiently while playing on the internet. Some of you folks need to grow a set! ;)