PDA

View Full Version : Well gosh dangit!

Thumper
11-25-2016, 11:46 AM
WTF is going on? I went to the VA Emergency Room the other day with that little scare that, thankfully, turned out to be not a major problem.

Today, it's back to the ER. Yesterday morning, I took my morning pee and something didn't feel right. I thought I felt a bit of a burning situation. Then I noticed a bit of blood in the toilet! Whoa shit!

I pee'd yesterday afternoon and nothing. I kinda thought I felt a little "burn", but really didn't know if it was real, or just my imagination. Last night, I just noticed some slightly "pink" color in the toilet. This morning, burning and blood! I'm assuming a bladder infection maybe (?). I hope it's not the early signs of a kidney stone.

Anyway, I'm headed to the hospital this morning for the second time in two days. :(

Captain
11-25-2016, 11:49 AM
You don't travel well do you Thump.
Hope it's not anything like a kidney stone.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Make them do a ct scan on your kidney brother. been there, got the scar and the tee shirt. Doctors try to blow off blood in your urine like its no big deal. Pardon my french but fuck 'em. It ain't their blood and it ain't their urine.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-25-2016, 12:00 PM
have you been drinking any flavored Fanta sodas, or anything like that with red or orange dye in it ???....no kidding, I've heard of folks, being allergic to those food coloring dyes, and get that burning sensation and red/orange urine.

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Reminds me of a Zappa tune. You get that shit taken care of. Okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 01:05 PM
have you been drinking any flavored Fanta sodas, or anything like that with red or orange dye in it ???....no kidding, I've heard of folks, being allergic to those food coloring dyes, and get that burning sensation and red/orange urine.

Fanta is for poor people.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Hey, boy, watch yo'sef....a splash of ice cold strawberry Fanta mixed with some vodka over ice is hard to beat.

Or, so I've heard the po'folks say. ;););)

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Strawberry Fanta mixed with Wheaties makes a helluva dough ball that those giant bugle mouthed bass can't resist. More fun than a barrel monkeys until you manage to land one.
BKB

Big Muddy
11-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Strawberry Fanta mixed with Wheaties makes a helluva dough ball that those giant bugle mouthed bass can't resist. More fun than a barrel monkeys until you manage to land one.
BKB

You're sheeiting me, right???....'course I don't bass fish, so..... ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Bugle mouth bass = a carp

The kind of bass that'll give you a hickey if you ain't careful.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Ohhhh, okay. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 02:46 PM
thumper whats the deal?

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2016, 05:16 PM
They gots me all nekkid in a bed. I gave 'em a bottle of pee and they drained a couple gallons of blood out'ta me. Been through a thorough check-up by the doc and he performed an ultra-sound. We're awaiting blood test results right now. The doc seems to be on top of his game. I like/trust him and more importantly, he gained Lynn's approval, so all is well so far. Sheeesh, this ain't the way I'd planned to spend the holiday! This getting old crap is for the birds. :(

Maybe I ate too much turkey.

Big Muddy
11-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Thump, I'm praying that it's just a fart turned sideways, or something real simple for the doc to fix.

That being said, pleeeease don't mention anything else about being nekkid !!! ;)

Captain
11-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Hang in Brother. Hopefully it will be something simple and a shot or a round of pills will fix it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Here's lookin at you, kid.

Or something like that.

Keep us posted, brother.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2016, 05:53 PM
They've run about a bazillion tests and it looks like antibiotics will be the way to go. They're awaiting results of one more test before making that determination. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of here soon and return to my vacation. Then follow up with my regular doctor at home. BTW, the nurses are much hotter at the Tampa VA than Los Angeles. (Just a personal observation) :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Watch for adams apples!

BKB

LJ3
11-25-2016, 06:23 PM
You sure you're not just pissing gravy?

Captain
11-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Watch for adams apples!

BKB

That's what makes em hot to him ...

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2016, 06:53 PM
You sure you're not just pissing gravy?

They probably had the Prostate Massage Special at the local massage parlor. He just wants us to think he's at the VA.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Some o'youse need to get your stools and get in line.

All sorts of tests. Determined it's a urinary tract infection. Gave me a bottle of antibiotics and a follow-up appointment once I get home (in 2-weeks). On way back to Lynn's mom's house. Her brother and his wife are bringing fresh crab, clams, oysters, shrimp and crawfish for a seafood feast tonight. I'm glad they didn't admit me! :D

Thumper
11-25-2016, 06:59 PM
BTW, thanks for the well wishes. This place really is special.

Captain
11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
You would think some of these goobers around here like you.
Now go mess up some seafood.

jb
11-25-2016, 08:18 PM
I'll bet in your younger days you new exactly what that burning was every time you pissed.
Now that you're officially old, all those symptoms mean other things, you'll learn to recognize them to after awhile.
Get well soon

Captain
11-26-2016, 08:03 AM
I know it's still early out in the land of Fruits and Nuts. But give us a update when you can.

LJ3
11-26-2016, 09:00 AM
Glad you're gonna be on the mend, Jimmy!

You pissing blood and having a burning sensation was literally too much for me to handle. The material was just writing itself and I couldn't handle the quantity of ideas!

Thumper
11-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Read my lips, ---- -- ! :)

They put me on heavy antibiotics and I can already tell the difference. The weird thing is, after all the tests, the doc came back and informed us it was a "rare bacteria" that caused the infection. Who knows? I may have picked it up in Albania a few weeks ago. At least they got it diagnosed and the blood/burning has already subsided. But, I don't care who you are, when you start pissing blood, it kinda lights a fire under your ass to head for the hospital!!

Big Muddy
11-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Great news, Jim....you've really been on my mind, these last couple of days.

Did you feel good enough to woof down all that seafood??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2016, 01:29 PM
I've heard stories about the Albanian Clap. Its supposed to be the worst! Worst for your wurst, comrade.

BKB

Captain
11-26-2016, 01:32 PM
That Albania poone will do it every time.

Big Muddy
11-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Yep, and those raw snail peckers in Bumfock India prolly didn't help things. ;)

Thumper
11-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Did you feel good enough to woof down all that seafood??? ;)

Man-O-Man! Lynn's brother and SIL brought over a shit-load of corn-on-the-cob, oysters, crawfish and shrimp from a place in L. A. They also brought 6 loaves of "fresh out of the oven" French bread. Good stuff Maynard! The sauce is to kill for!

Lynn's mom, yours truly Lynn's bro and SIL.

Arty
11-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Thump I hope you are feeling better. Just for safety sake... don't play with your tiny little Johnson, it sounds like it doesn't need any distractions right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2016, 09:14 PM
Prolly just sat on one of his balls.

Old guys have that trouble once in a while.

BKB

Nandy
11-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Im glad you are in the mend...
If I come with a UTI my wife will cut it off!!! No matter what the doc says...