PDA

View Full Version : Possible FBS scenarios....

Big Muddy
11-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Just my humble opinion:

My first choice:

1 Bama 2 Clemson

4 Washington 3 Ohio State

5 Penn State 6 Okla.

My 2nd choice:

1 Bama 2 Ohio State

4 Wisconsin 3 Clemson

5 Washington 6 Penn. State

Michigan might figure in there, somewhere, too.

But, I'm prolly totally wrong about all of it. !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm gonna wait until all the games are played. Too many teams looked vulnerable yesterday, including your might Alabama. The conference championships are gonna make a big difference I think.

BKB

quercus alba
11-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Arkansas killed Florida, held them to 12 yds rushing. Bama loses to them they should be made to all their games back to 1906

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't doubt that tOSU is one of the best four teams in the country. But, how do you leave Penn State out, having beat them, if they win the conference championship? IMO, not even playing in your conference championship should preclude you from the four team play off. No disrespect to Alabama and it's no secret I despise that debbil Nick Saban, but he SEC is middling at best this year. After, Bama, there's a whole bunch of 8-4 and worse. IMO, they're beatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
11-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Nice wet dream, you're having there, Chick. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Muddy for somebody as leary as you are of the media in politics, you seem to buy the mediahype hook line and sinker when it comes to the Power Five. The fact is, college football has a ton of parity in the top twenty and they keep reminding us of that fact every single year. Its just a matter of whose turn it is to bite the bag. Alabama is very human. So are the rest of the top five. And there is another week of games to show how much parity there really is.

BKb

BKB

Big Muddy
11-27-2016, 09:42 PM
Postie, I agree with absolutely every word you just said, except these four: "Alabama is very human." ;)

No, they ain't....they are unbelieveably deep with super-human 3rd and 4th stringers...like him or not, Saban can toss some those 4th stringers in the game, to rest his starters, and never miss a beat....not many teams can do that, and not many folks even know or consider that.

I know most folks here despise the SEC, and Bama in particular.....heck, if my Dogs weren't part of the SEC, I'd prolly feel the same way, and would love to see Bama go 0-12 every year....that's what ANY sport is all about---knock off the king of the mountain, or at the very least, diss the sheeit out of them. ;)

Just like I said, last year, when ya'll hammered me about Bama was going to win the NC, I'm gonna stick with the same prediction, this year....they can even lose that senseless SEC game to Fla., and they will still be selected for the big dance, and are gonna win it, barring a total eclipse of Thump's azzhole. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2016, 09:57 PM
That'd be a dark shadow. The eclipse I mean. A dark smelly shadow.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Call it whatever kind of dream you will. But, I'd like to see Bama play a good team with a true pro-style QB as they haven't had to do that this year. (Ole Miss is probably the closes they've come and the results were mixed.) I also thought Michigan was the better team this past Saturday. IMO, the current college OT system has to go. Games should not be decided by playing Arena Football.

Big Muddy
11-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Heck, I love the college OT system....fairest way to settle a tie....the NFL is the one with the dumbest OT system.

What's your suggestion for a better college system???....I'm open to suggestions.

Chicken Dinner
11-28-2016, 10:12 AM
First, ties don't bother me. But, the NFL system is better as at least they're playing football. I don't like the current college system as it favors the up tempo/spread style of offense over the traditional pro style passing and run games. Don't get me wrong I think the spread system is really fun to watch and the best thing to happen to the non-power schools since the forward pass. I just don't think it's right to settle otherwise good games this way. Either way, they shouldn't count the points toward the final score. If you want to keep the current system, give the winner a point and call it a day. Crediting each team with the points scored in this "McFootball" abomination delegitimizes stats and the history of the game.

quercus alba
11-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Have the head coaches fight to the death. Be a lot more two point attempts

BarryBobPosthole
11-28-2016, 10:24 AM
I've always disliked the shootout tie breaker in soccer as well. Can you imagine if they kicked field goals until someone missed? Its about the same thing. I think they should do like the pros, play one possession each of full length of the field football and then it is sudden death after those two possessions if it isn't settled by then. If it goes to the end of the quarter, its a tie. Kiss your sister, thank you.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-28-2016, 10:27 AM
And FYi, Michigan got shafted by the officials THE ENTIRE GAME. They were so obviously affected by the momentum and the crowd. its been happening every frigging weekend this year. Officiating officially sucks big green donoey dongs.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-28-2016, 10:55 AM
I will have to agree on that one, Postie....Harbaugh had several legitimate beefs....Michigan was flagged for a total of 7 penalties for 59 yards....Ohio State was flagged 2 times for 6 yards.

I wonder how much his tirade at the presser will cost Mich.? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Oh I'm sure the calculators are clicking about now. I'm no fan of either of the Khaki Brothers. I did admire what a job he did at Stanford. I've always liked to watch stanford play, all the way back to the days of Jim Plunkett. Harbaugh brought them back to that level again.
If he wasn't such a twit it'd be easier to like the guy.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Personally, I'd like to see a Bama-Clemson re-match....great ballgame.

Hombre
11-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Like Saban don't like him is arguable but whether or not he is the best coach currently, maybe ever, in college football is not really arguable.

- He's won 5 National titles, 4 with Alabama and 1 with LSU
- Since 2009 he's won 4 of those, that's 4 in 7 years but who's counting!
- Since 2009 Alabama has been #1 at some point in the season every year

If you remove Urban and Saban then all other coaches have some parity, something arguable. But, there is definitely a Tier 1 Coaching Class and a Tier 2.