Clempson 35
V tech 17

WVU 38
Baylor 31

Navy 35
Temple 30

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope you're wrong on PSU/Wisconsin. I don't want to make it easy on the NCAA when it comes to picking the top 4.

Big Muddy
11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Chick, you are correct, sir....and, QA, I think you are pretty darn close on the other games.

quercus alba
11-30-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't want James franklin getting within sniffing distance of the playoffs

Egghead
12-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Va Tech/Clempson is either going to be a lot closer, or a lot wider!

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2016, 12:34 PM
For a three loss season, Tech sure has been up and down this year.

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Bedlam os bedlam!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2016, 05:09 PM
We prolly don't have any chance at all with the committee after Ohio State beat Michigan, but that Bedlam win today over Okie State was a quality win over a strong opponent. And against some major adversity too.

Boomer Sooner!

BkB

Big Muddy
12-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Congrats, Postie....really good game.....deserved win.....have a drink on me !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Eddie, Bama is looking human. Will the committee let Ohio State and Alabama both in if they're not conference champions? The other conferences will squall like a wildcat if they do. One they might have done, but two? If Bama loses how do they justify picking Bama to go but no OSU?

I love it when there's stress in this perfect playoff system everybody said would solve the subjectivity issue in college football championships.

BKb

Big Muddy
12-03-2016, 07:15 PM
They're just getting cranked up.....33-16, now.....Saban will put in the rest of the first team, after halftime, until the game is outta reach....just take my word for it, Bama will be at the big dance, even if they happen to lose, today, which they won't.
Listen to the commentators, they love Bama for a reason....Bama draws bigger crowds and is a big money-maker for the FBS.....they'll draw a bigger crowd than some of the northern or more distant teams because of their proximity to Atlanta for the Peach, and Tampa for the championship game.....jmho, but I could be totally wrong.

It's ALL about the money....but, you already know that.

Hombre
12-03-2016, 08:00 PM
If this is bama looking human i dont wanna see them at full throttle.

Big Muddy
12-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Haha, thanks, Hombre, I wasn't even gonna respond to Postie's "human" comment.....but, since you touched on it, I just hafta bring out the fact that it was a 5th string RB, Derrick Gore, who rushed for a TD, and also, blocked a punt. ;)

That's about as deep, as a team can get, right there. ;)

Big Muddy
12-04-2016, 01:45 AM
Bye bye, Wisconsin, but will Penn State get in???.....maybe, but it's Bama---Ohio State---Clemson definitely, 1-2-3.

Since Condileeza Rice is on the FBS selection committee, and has a few more personal ties to colleges in the east, than in the west, I'm going with Penn State, over Washington, for taking the 4th spot..

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Alabammy, Clempson, Penn State, and Washington would be my picks.

One of my criticisms of the four team playoff is that it 'could' cheapen the regular season games. Picking the participants from only conference champions makes regular season games more meaningful and might actually provide more opportunities for conference champions outside the Power Five to get in.

Which makes me wonder, why isn't Western Michigan in the discussion? Not over any of thefpur I mentioned, but among the other also rans. I don't think they should get in this year, but I'd choose them over an Ohio State or Michigan.

BKB
BkB

Hombre
12-04-2016, 11:18 AM
This season is why I would still like to see an 8 team playoff. PSU and OU lost early and are playing their best football right now. I think they should both be in or at least be at the table

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2016, 11:35 AM
This season is why I would still like to see an 8 team playoff. PSU and OU lost early and are playing their best football right now. I think they should both be in or at least be at the table

We were talking about that last night over Apple Pie and Wilderberry moonshine. I'm pretty sure wecame to the same conclusion. we still never reached agreement but I'd be for expanding the field to seven conference champios and one at-large team. that way the only subjectivity is for the last slot. Or in other words, a true tournament format and also includes most of the conferences in division 1.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Ha, just leave Bama outta the playoffs, altogether.....then, whoever wins all that other bullsheeit, has to play them for the NC, every year. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Ha, just leave Bama outta the playoffs, altogether.....then, whoever wins all that other bullsheeit, has to play them for the NC, every year. ;)

Nobody is leaving your beloved Bama out of their picks. Its the way the Committee considers all of the spots as 'at large' that is the biggest problem with thecurrent system. The only thing they might need a committee for is seeding and 90% of should be automatic.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
12-04-2016, 01:15 PM
We were talking about that last night over Apple Pie and Wilderberry moonshine. I'm pretty sure wecame to the same conclusion. we still never reached agreement but I'd be for expanding the field to seven conference champios and one at-large team. that way the only subjectivity is for the last slot. Or in other words, a true tournament format and also includes most of the conferences in division 1.

BKB

That's my, albeit hazy, recollection as well. IMO, championships should be decided on the field and PSU won the Big 10 Championship and beat OSU head to head. They should be in over the Buckeyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
12-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Nobody is leaving your beloved Bama out of their picks.

BKb

Ha, surely you realize that was said tongue-in-cheek....if not, then you need to quit drinking so much of Cap's hoot juice. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Sorry Muddy, my comment was meant to be a friendly barb. The hazing was pretty sharp here the last few days and sometimes its hard to communicate a friendly poke via posts.

But still, let us know when your upcoming nupitals with Nick Saban are so I can send some flowers.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Hahaha, yep, and you and Stoopes will be invited!!!!....ya'll can sit out by the pool, and sniff Nick's NC trophies and rings, 'cause that's about as close, as ya'll will ever get to seeing any, again. ;););)