PDA

View Full Version : Trav and CD ....

Thumper
12-07-2016, 07:12 PM
CD, I haven't taken pics of your pan yet, but will jump on it asap. I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off this week!

Trav, I finally pulled that Dutch Oven and #12 skillet out of the garage and wiped the oil off 'em. Mind you, most of the CI I still have is the left-overs. Over time, I'd clean (electrolysis) and list the best examples on eBay, but hold onto the rougher ones. I still have some really nice, unrestored pieces (I'm tired of cleaning these things), but most of what I have left falls into the "last of the batch" category. That Dutch Oven has a rusted bottom. I'd forgotten about it as when I had it in the garage and made my list, it was on a shelf and I just made a quick scan of condition to post here. It looks pretty decent sitting on the shelf, but if you're looking for a nice collector piece, this won't cut it. The lid and pot are in great condition other than the rusted bottom. The markings still show, but it would take some work to clean the bottom up and it will still be pitted. It rained all day yesterday, but I managed to snap a few pics today. To be honest, they look MUCH worse in the photos than they really are, but again, they're not primo collector pieces either.

That said, the skillet is a nice piece, not perfect, but very nice and this size is tough to find. I figured I'd post the pics first to see if you're still interested and if so, I'll research pricing. If not, I'll throw it up on The Bay and let them fight over it (unless CD wants it). Here's the skillet ... it has a few small rough spots on the cooking surface, but should clean up very nicely.

8252 8251

8253 8254

8255 8256

And here's the Dutch Oven. It appears rusty all over, but it's mostly lighting, my lousy photography skills and lack of seasoning. The bottom is the killer. It looks like someone left it sitting in a pan of water, but it would still make a nice user piece and will probably clean up much better than what it is now as I haven't touched any of these pieces since buying them.

8257 8258

8259 8260

Trav
12-07-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't necessarily need a collector piece, I just want something that will last a while and that I can cook with. I think I will pass on the Dutch oven but I would take the skillet and possibly the griddle

Chicken Dinner
12-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I somehow missed this yesterday. Post or send some pics of the #9 when you can.

Thumper
12-08-2016, 01:26 PM
I sent a PM to bof'a youse dufes.

Chicken Dinner
12-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Got it.