PDA

View Full Version : What was this? Like 30 years ago?

Thumper
12-11-2016, 08:32 PM
He doesn't seem to have changed much. :thumbsup

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vytS1s02Nwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain
12-11-2016, 10:10 PM
That's one smart feller...
I feel even better about him now that Posthole is on the Trump Train. ;)

quercus alba
12-12-2016, 09:26 AM
I think posty has been a dyed in the wool republican his whole life. Or a blue dog democrat at the very least. I think all this other stuff is the work of a master SD'er.

He'll never tell us different however

Thumper
12-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Master SD'er??? Posthole??? Naaaaaaa! :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 09:43 AM
I may be a Master SDer, but Captain is the Jedi Master SDer. Finding a pile of scours is like Christmas to him.

And I hear the Donald is nominating El Chapo for head of the DEA. Says he's a PLAYUH.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Cap drives bassackwards sometimes, but he's been busy, creating something really nice for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N679XwDUwT8

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I wonder how he kept the whole thing in perspective as he was doing that? I'll bet he had a drone. Pretty cool!

The only difference is Captain would have figured out how to dot the 'i'.

BKB

Thumper
12-12-2016, 10:22 AM
I wonder how he kept the whole thing in perspective as he was doing that? I'll bet he had a drone. BKB

Ummm, your noticer status just went into the toilet, The title to the clip is spelled out in all caps! ;)

FARMER CREATES AMAZING SNOW ART WITH TRACTOR & DRONE

Thumper
12-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Question for all o'youse high-tech farmer types. Couldn't he plot something like that into his GPS and just sit back while the tractor does the work? Or does it even work that way?

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Ummm, your noticer status just went into the toilet, The title to the clip is spelled out in all caps! ;)

FARMER CREATES AMAZING SNOW ART WITH TRACTOR & DRONE

Damn, I was so focused on how the hell he did that I didn't notice the title. (Don't tell Airbud, he won't notice this on his own)

BKB

Big Muddy
12-12-2016, 10:37 AM
The only difference is Captain would have figured out how to dot the 'i'.

BKB

Yep, Cap woulda prolly just thrown out a pile of cow sheeit to dot that "i". ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Haha, you are reading my mind!

BKB

Thumper
12-12-2016, 11:05 AM
I'da just stopped and pee'd from the cab to melt the dot in the "i". ;)

LJ3
12-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Damn, I was so focused on how the hell he did that I didn't notice the title. (Don't tell Airbud, he won't notice this on his own)

BKB

Did you notice the entire thing was being filmed from a drone? Did you finish all the 'shine? What the hell is going on in oklahoma?!?!?!

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure if I'm demented of have dementia. Its one of the two I'll bet.

BKB

Thumper
12-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Or BOTH! ;)

Captain
12-12-2016, 05:32 PM
I'da just stopped and pee'd from the cab to melt the dot in the "i". ;)

You couldn't pee past the step to the cab you would be standing on.... and whining about it burning the whole time! :D

Captain
12-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Question for all o'youse high-tech farmer types. Couldn't he plot something like that into his GPS and just sit back while the tractor does the work? Or does it even work that way?
AHhhhh no....

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2016, 05:59 PM
You couldn't pee past the step to the cab you would be standing on.... and whining about it burning the whole time! :D

Surely that big ass penicillin shot the doc gave him in his big ass would have cured the Albanian Clap by now wouldn't it?

BKB

Thumper
12-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Yep, the clip mentioned a drone, but no mention of a GPS. I have no clue how those things are set up, but I have a legitimate question. Why COULDN'T a route be plotted with a GPS to do something like that? I would assume, it wouldn't take into account backing in certain spots, but it sure seems to me it could be entered somehow. Heck, I know in my boat, I'd be working my way through marshy areas and just use the plotted route to find my way back out. It seems like something similar could be plotted manually. If not ... maybe some of youse genius' could figure out a program for cool stuff like that. You could start out with UFO crop circles or sumpin'. ;)

BTW, bof'a youse dufi need to grab a stool. One TALL and one regular.

Big Muddy
12-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Thump,"Auto-Steer" is available, as an after-market add-on, and can be added to nearly any tractor, and it does use GPS....however, as far as I know, it can only be set up to run the tractor in a straight line, back and forth, or up and down the crop row.

The tractor does not turn by itself at the end of the row, nor raise and lower the trailing equipment(planter, disk, harrow, etc.)...a driver is still required, and he must manually lift the trailing equipment, turn the tractor, lower the trailing equipment, then line up the GPS meter to continue on the next row.

The main benefit of "Auto-Steer" is the precision(straight as an arrow) in which the crop rows are initially laid down, then subsequently followed throughout the crop season for accuracy in spraying and tillage.

All of that been said, there are some companies, which offer driver-less tractor steering, however most are still in the experimental stage....and, the farmers I know won't trust a $250,000 tractor to be totally self-steered, without a driver on board....one little electronic glitch could run an expensive tractor into the river.

Mainly used in wide open spaces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXO6b1ypZMc

Thumper
12-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Oh, I never considered an auto-steer situation. I figured on plotting a GPS course and following it by steering manually to follow a plotted path. Much like "backtracking" after creating a course and saving it.

Big Muddy
12-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Even if it could be done, it'd prolly be a sloppy job, unless you had a much larger space(field) to operate in....GPS isn't an exactly accurate science, especially on such a small area.

Even when you are walking a GPS backtrack, you aren't walking a straight line....you think you are, but you don't realize that you're zigging and zagging, trying to walk a straight line....that would be accentuated even more, when trying to drive a big-azz tractor.