PDA

View Full Version : Drones

BarryBobPosthole
12-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Julie and I were doing some Christmas shopping for the grands at Target yesterday and I noticed they have many many drones for sale this year. And some of them aren't toy drones either. They also have them at Kohl's.

In Oklahoma, we have a law that says if some sumbeach is flying a drone around your property you can shoot the effer down.

anybody else see a potential for ass whoopings and other means of combat over these things?

I recall one case this spring in OKlahoma where a person was using a drone to inspect their gutters and a neighbor shot it down. No charges. Its the wild wild friggin west!

BKB

Thumper
12-17-2016, 10:46 AM
I "think" I heard something about being legal if it's over YOUR property. I don't see how it would be legal to shoot one down over the drone owner's property. That said, I'd be willing to bet, that dude was "peeking" over the fence at the neighbor's wife sunbathing instead of "inspecting his gutters" .... but he needed a good defense! ;)

HideHunter
12-17-2016, 10:49 AM
On a lighter note... buddy bought one for his grandson. Kids only like 7 - probably too young.. but buddy spoils him horribly. Anyway, Kid promptly ran it into a tree and broke a blade. Buddy replaced it and said. "Let me give it a test run." He ran it around a little and starting to get more confident, he extended the range.. obviously too much. Said the last they saw of it was going out out of sight headed for Illinois. ;)

airbud7
12-17-2016, 01:10 PM
hey jb....I have an idea

http://drone.militarylulz.com/image/militaryfunny/1404/truth-drones-military-humor-funny-military-funny-1398873368.jpg

I'll spot em/ you shoot em....we split it 50/50 :D