PDA

View Full Version : The Mixon tape

quercus alba
12-21-2016, 12:32 PM
First off, I'm not an advocate of men smacking women around. Howsomever, I am an advocate of the Radigan law (via Louis Lamour) "when you draw cards in a mans game, you have to play by a mans rules".

I don't know what precipitated the exchange, but when she hit him that hard, she had no reason not to expect retaliation of some form. He shouldn't have hit her with his fist but he had every right to slap her in return. At least in my opinion. It doesn't appear that he was trying to restrain her, she could have just walked away.

BarryBobPosthole
12-21-2016, 12:48 PM
To me there is no doubt that he did wrong. Its not okay to hit women, regardless of the provocation. She did wrong too though, and now she's seeking for her consequence for her actions to be to be paid money she didn't earn. His consequences were that he was suspended for a year from the team. I've heard people refer to this as just a redshirt year, but he actually had no connection to the team whatsoever, for paractices, for conditioning, no nothing. He has also profoundly apologized several times and has acted as contritely as I think he should have about the whole matter. His consequences weren't easy ones like a lot in the media have portrayed them to be. He also did the things that the justice system asked him to do for his misdemeanor charge.
To me, he's taken care of the business that social and justice processes require when you fuck up.

BKB

Captain
12-21-2016, 12:52 PM
He could have "just walked away" too.
This was wrong on all levels in my book
And from what I saw he walked up to her.

BarryBobPosthole
12-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Its the old 'Nothing good ever happens at 2:00 AM rule'.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-21-2016, 01:17 PM
What happened? Somebody insult old Myron's BBQ or brisket?

Big Muddy
12-21-2016, 01:20 PM
My take is, unless a woman pulls a gun or knife on you, no self-respecting man has cause to ever hit a woman....he approached her first, and with a confrontational attitude....he should have, either kept his cool, or just walked away.

That being said, he has paid his dues for the offense....it's a done deal, and over with....drop it, and everybody move on with their lives.

Her lawsuit was filed within the date of statute of limitations expiration, but I'm sure her lawyer will ask for continuances, until he's drafted and has plenty of money.

BarryBobPosthole
12-21-2016, 01:20 PM
18 year olds hanging out at a bar at 2:00 in a college town. White girl throws racial insults at a group of black athletes, one comes over to her and says something, she slaps him and he punches her. She lost, he lost.

BKB

LJ3
12-21-2016, 02:44 PM
I see bofe sides up in dis mug. A man should never hit a woman under any circumstance. That is how I was raised and will always be true for me unless it's like Ronda Rousey, them I'm running like a little bitch.

but... If a woman decides to get in a physical altercation with a man, she should expect to get it right back. If she hits him in the face, any man has the right to hit her right the fuck back. Again, not how I was raised but I absolutely think a man has the right to do it.

What Mixon did was way over the top. I don't care what she was saying, calling him, or anything else. What he did showed a complete lack of morals to me. Bet we could all make some pretty accurate guesses to how he was raised but I digress... She push/slapped him on the chest and he LAYED HER OUT!!! Not cool.

Toss that bitchass punk right out of school forever. Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. That's what that fuckknuckle deserves.

There's been more than one time in my life when I've been in situations like that. I have a temper on me that not many have seen and it's not pretty when they do but each time I have been able to discern that this is a woman, I cannot do what I want to do. A man walks away. A bitchass, self-centered, immature, violent delinquent reacts with violence.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fCgvYyZ16iU?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

airbud7
12-21-2016, 07:57 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/1v6NLTj3ND6Ss/200.gif#22

https://media1.giphy.com/media/yOBIJ7bYpgPPa/200w.gif#11

Nandy
12-21-2016, 09:09 PM
As a person that grew up with the same values as many here (a man should not hit a woman) I have to say that video troubles me. Most men will be stronger than most women given it all being the same, so a man has to be mindful of his strength and either take it and/or leave. In the other hand, the woman also has to be mindful that the man will generally be stronger and if she chooses to start a physical confrontation she is very likely to end up in the "loosing" side (no man is in the wining side by beating a woman) if the man looses it and decided to get physical. So I think at times you can call it 50/50.
Respect has to come from both ends....
One of my pet peeves with women is their double standards... They are the woman of the 2000, all powerful, "you dont tell me what to do!", "I do whatever I want", "im your equal" then when it is convenient to them they want to be treated as the woman of the 50's.... Pick one, in my house you are one or the other... I can deal with each.

HideHunter
12-21-2016, 10:11 PM
Respect has to come from both ends....
One of my pet peeves with women is their double standards... They are the woman of the 2000, all powerful, "you dont tell me what to do!", "I do whatever I want", "im your equal" then when it is convenient to them they want to be treated as the woman of the 50's.... Pick one, in my house you are one or the other... I can deal with each.

Hear Hear!

Captain
12-21-2016, 10:32 PM
Nandy don't say much but he hits the nail on the head when he does...
My buddy Big Jim said Mixon was a member of some Indian tribe. The Slappaho tribe!

Big Muddy
12-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Or, Whoppaho. ;)

Nandy
12-21-2016, 11:28 PM
them indians name cracked me up, I had to clean up the laptop screen!!!

airbud7
12-21-2016, 11:50 PM
Did ya'll here the one about the slapaho indian and the whoppaho indian walked into a bar and saw these hos sitting at the bar?

Nandy
12-22-2016, 12:27 AM
k, im bait, no, I have not heard it...

Arty
12-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Ole Nandy is right but I say that kid is a punk ass. Would do him do good for someone to put his ass on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
12-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Neither you nor I know if that kid is punk ass or not. All we do know is he's done what was asked of him as punishment and he's been contrite in his apologies and behavior since then.
But that pretty much ends credibility to what Stoops says here yesterday. In today's world, there is no room anywhere anytime for forgiveness for this kind of act.

BKB

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18328194/bob-stoops-oklahoma-sooners-says-joe-mixon-suspension-not-enough-today
http://es.pn/2hsWZWt

Thumper
12-22-2016, 09:59 AM
I'll go with the punk-ass crowd. I've never hit a woman in my life and can't even imagine doing so, regardless of the circumstances. I remember vividly ... one of those moments permanently implanted in my brain ... when I REALLY wanted to hit an old girlfriend. I remember I was so mad at the time I was past the boiling point and she slapped the snot out'ta me. That was 35 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I can remember every thought, reaction and feeling that went through my mind at the time, but I walked away and never even raised a hand toward her. Did she deserve it? Yes, but saying a woman "deserved it" is a cop-out. Any man who wouldn't have walked away from this confrontation, is a punk-ass IMHO. I imagine he's the type who, if he had a gun, would be a shooter in some simple little "road-rage" situation. Apologies after the fact (for some situations) don't hold much water with me, and this is one of them.

airbud7
12-22-2016, 11:01 AM
http://p.fod4.com/p/media/87b82bdcd4/dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third%20Hand%20Slap.gif

Chicken Dinner
12-22-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm glad that's settled. Can we switch to something more important that that little punk-assed bitch from Dook, Grayson Allen?

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 08:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18340581/oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-apologizes-punching-woman-2014
http://es.pn/2hzsvSN