PDA

View Full Version : NOW I know everything! :-)

Thumper
12-22-2016, 08:24 PM
I received this in an email and think it's pretty interesting.

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING...

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
A cat has 32 muscles > in each ear.
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
A snail can sleep for three years.
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
Almonds are a member of the peach family.
An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
Babies are born> without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
Butterflies taste with their feet.
Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds.
Dogs only have about 10.
"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.
The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
There are more chickens than people in the world.
There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous .
There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.

BarryBobPosthole
12-22-2016, 08:58 PM
I made it to number, which is bullshit. So the rest are suspect to.

BKB

Nandy
12-22-2016, 10:04 PM
I made it to number, which is bullshit. So the rest are suspect to.

BKB

?????

airbud7
12-22-2016, 10:14 PM
I liked The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

Its true, I looked while singing the abc song!

HideHunter
12-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Roses are red.
Violets are purple.
Sugar is sweet
and, so's maple syrple.

I'm with Barry. If one ain't right.. ;)

Thumper
12-22-2016, 11:55 PM
I made it to number, which is bullshit. So the rest are suspect to. BKB

Well THAT'S informative as hell! Have you been into some of Cappy's hooch tonight? ;)

Captain
12-23-2016, 12:11 AM
I noticed that too but figured he couldn't count high enough being they were not numbered and chose not to call him out.

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Number 4

Thumper
12-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Ha! I wondered about that one also because I remember having dragonflies caught inside of our screened porch. I know for a fact they'd still be there for days or maybe weeks even.

I guess the writer didn't research it, but it appears it's a common myth.

From the web;

There are many people who believe that these insects live only for a day. This however is not true. ...... A surprising and interesting fact about the dragonfly is that, they will spend only a very short part of their life span as actual adult dragonflies. They will live as nymphs for up to four years, molting their skin between 8 to 17 times depending on the species, and finally when they mature into adults, they can only live for a few months.

Ok, you get a new noticer point! What else is b/s oh master noticer?

BTW, NOW I know everything! :D

Arty
12-23-2016, 12:34 AM
I would bet hard earned Christmas money that both Thump AND Len already knew #15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Yep, and if you look at #16, it just proves they're smarter than dogs! ;)

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 09:19 AM
I thought about ole Cap, when I read this in a recent agri. magazine....the average cattle farmer will spend 2 years of his life, opening and closing gates. ;)

Captain
12-23-2016, 10:37 AM
That is so true Muddy. And most of the time it's in and off a tractor.

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 10:52 AM
just outta curiosity, how many gates you got to open regularly?

Captain
12-23-2016, 11:44 AM
I have three pastures with cattle. Taking 2 bales of hay per trip 2 trips per pasture. On the tractor get hay, off the tractor to open gate, pray the cows don't run out while you get back on the tractor and pull in the pasture. Get back off the tractor and close the gate. Get to hay rings, get off tractor and cut net off hay, get back on tractor to put bale in hay ring. Go to another hay ring get off tractor and cut netting off hay. Get back on tractor and put hay in ring. Go back to gate get off tractor and open gate get back on tractor and go through gate. Get back off tractor and close gate. Go to barn and get two more bales and repeat the process about 4 or 5 more times twice a week. So to put out 12 bales I will get on and off the tractor about 60 times. And I do that twice a week.

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 11:59 AM
The one about babies not having kneecaps is bogus too.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 12:58 PM
I have three pastures with cattle. Taking 2 bales of hay per trip 2 trips per pasture. On the tractor get hay, off the tractor to open gate, pray the cows don't run out while you get back on the tractor and pull in the pasture. Get back off the tractor and close the gate. Get to hay rings, get off tractor and cut net off hay, get back on tractor to put bale in hay ring. Go to another hay ring get off tractor and cut netting off hay. Get back on tractor and put hay in ring. Go back to gate get off tractor and open gate get back on tractor and go through gate. Get back off tractor and close gate. Go to barn and get two more bales and repeat the process about 4 or 5 more times twice a week. So to put out 12 bales I will get on and off the tractor about 60 times. And I do that twice a week.

Cap, you need some solar-powered Mighty Mule gate openers with remote control !!!....I got 2 of them, and one has been in operation 20 years without a hitch....I got the $350 model....never leave the comfort of your tractor cab, again !!!....best money I ever spent !!!

Heck, I'll come install 'em for you....easy-peasy.

http://www.mightymulestore.com/Mighty-Mule-Automatic-Gate-Openers-s/70.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiAs_PCBRD5nIun9cyu01kSJAA-WD-rEOISIqLVl1pY5r6x49AguFvyRaQiuqJZ829c6-jgQhoCmcDw_wcB

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 01:06 PM
I think the ones he has now are 'Short Little Jackass' gate openers, Muddy.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 01:16 PM
I can see it coming---Cap, on 1-2-3...........;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 01:17 PM
He's a little slow on the draw this morning. Must've been a shiny kind of night!

BKB

DeputyDog
12-23-2016, 01:28 PM
He's too busy climbing on and off that tractor to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
12-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Bite me Barry,
Muddy I have a mighty mule double gate opener on the entrance gate and love it. We have given consideration to using them elseware however it's not that simple with cross fencing there are many places where three pastures come together that would require 3 openers on different frequencies thus three different remotes in that place. Three tractors, two gators would mean having a butt load of openers. You could not have them all on the same frequency because the cows in one pasture could move to another pasture while trying to get in one. Also if you try to work off one set of remotes you forget and leave them in one tractor and get across the farm and have to return to get them. And then there is also maintenance however small it might be with that many openers one would always need to have a battery or some adjustment problem due to cows pushing on it etc. There is just no easy way. A rough count I would need about 20 double gate openers. Gates have to be wide to get the hay equipment, trailers etc thru.

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Dang, Cap, then you need to just hire a little kneegro on a 4 wheeler to handle the gates, while you're feeding cows. ;)

Captain
12-23-2016, 05:29 PM
I had a old hippie here the other week but he went back to Oklahoma.
He was fair help, but a little short on catching fish.

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Ha, and I bet he voted like a kneegro, too. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 06:19 PM
I ain't saying nothing until I get my DNA results back.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-23-2016, 06:46 PM
I had a old hippie here the other week but he went back to Oklahoma.
He was fair help, but a little short on catching fish.

Cap, he mighta been dipping up fish with his hair net. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-23-2016, 06:53 PM
That was your Mighty Stud automatic gate opener.

BKB