PDA

View Full Version : Well, this sounds a bit crude ...

Thumper
12-26-2016, 10:32 AM
I've posted here before how attending estate sales changed my thinking toward "collecting". I used to collect most anything! Now, I collect nothing, but sell ANYTHING. Anyway, here's a sale starting on Wednesday. As I've stated before, when ya' croak, all the family wants to do is get rid of that "junk" you've been collecting all your life so that they can sell the house!

Evidently this sale is being conducted by the heirs and not an official estate sale company.

The worst time of year for an ESTATE SALE, but grandma died and the house is sold.

Grandma was a Lieutenant in the Navy during WWII, served on the USS Saratoga and has traveled the world. The house is full of quality items, NO KIDS STUFF WHATS SO EVER. THIS IS NOT WALMART. Mostly vintage items, even a 1938 Rolls Royce Phantom III. PLEASE SEE PICS....everything has to go.......

Dang! This Rolls looks really cool! Wonder what I could get for it on eBay? ;)

https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/1401834/35960997/1.jpg

Big Muddy
12-26-2016, 11:05 AM
The question is not what you can sell it for on ebay....the question is how big is your bank account---how much blood you gotta sell---and, how many tranny BJ's you gotta give, to buy it !!! ;)

airbud7
12-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Here ya go Thump....>$349,000/ financing from $3226/ mo.

Learn more...> https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/rolls-royce/phantom-iii/1774767.html

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2016, 11:20 AM
i wouldn't believe a single word of that story. A vintage car like that and they have to sell it quickly because the house is already sold? Collected by a granny? And the WWII vet stuff is bizarre. Sure. Its kind of cool but what did that to do with anything with this sale?

Its a hook I tell ya! Run Forrest run!

BKB

Thumper
12-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Ohhhh, you've become such a negative old curmudgeon since your retirement! ;) Heck, there are a bazillion pics of her "stuff" ... and it pretty well matches the description given. As for the Rolls, who knows? Maybe it was grandpa's pride and joy and she couldn't bring herself to get rid of it once he was gone. I've been to many sales that were full of men's stuff, tools, collections and even clothes, only to find out he'd passed away many years prior. Grandma just refuses to let go of it.

I seriously doubt they'll have any problem selling that car and even then, I doubt it will be a "fire-sale" situation. It can be moved or put on consignment and would be no obstacle to selling the house itself.

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2016, 12:41 PM
That's what I meant. The description does make it sound like a fire sale. And folks who own shit like that don't do fire sales.

BKB

Thumper
12-26-2016, 01:56 PM
I've been to many sales where the house is already sold before the estate sale can be scheduled. In fact, the one I went to last week was on Friday and Saturday ... closing on the house sale was to be on Wednesday! It's fairly common in a decent market area. I doubt I'll go to this one. It's 40 miles from here which is out of my normal travel limit. I try to stay within 15-20 miles max.