PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was kind'a fun!

Thumper
12-29-2016, 12:45 PM
My bud and I just got back from an estate sale. With the holidays, the sales are pretty slow, so this was the only game in town today. I found quite a few cool items .. lots of smalls which would be of no interest to anyone here, but I should be able to clear about $300-$350, so I'm happy. My buddy found a pile of stuff also, including a Western folding camp knife (w/knife blade and saw blade) in a leather case and bought it for a buck. They're selling for $100-$200! I was digging around in the kitchen and I ALWAYS check the drawer under the stove because they are one of those "out of sight, out of mind" type spots. I opened the drawer and it was full of dang cookie sheets ... BUT ... I lifted the cookie sheets and found a No. 6 Griswold skillet stashed in there! Bingo! I love when a plan comes together! :encouragement:

All in all, it was a fun sale and my buddy and I both scored pretty well. We've challenged each other to a sales contest for 2017, so I need to get started listing this stuff so I can kick his ass! :D

HideHunter
12-29-2016, 04:16 PM
a fun hobby that pays something back.. rare. ;) congrats.