PDA

View Full Version : Manna From Heaven

Thumper
12-29-2016, 02:12 PM
One of the highlights of a flight on Delta Airlines is their Biscoff cookies. They're many times referred to as "Airline Cookies" and some of their packaging actually says "The Airline Cookie" on front. That may sound weird, but I LOVE those dang cookies! On our last flight to L.A, the Flight Attendants brought the beverage cart around and all they had was peanuts and pretzels for snacks. (they don't have the cookies on EVERY flight) When I got my beverage, I asked the attendant is she had any cookies and her eyes lits up and she said, "Aren't those good??!!" I said they're the highlight of my Delta flights! She said they don't have them for that particular flight, but she'll "see what she can do!" A few minutes later, she walked down the aisle and dropped about 5 packs (wrapped in a napkin) on my tray table. She then smiled, put her finger to her lips like ... Shhhh. Cool! I pigged out in secrecy!

On our return flight, again, peanuts and pretzels, but no cookies! I started messing with the Flight Attendant for not making a special order as Delta KNEW I'd be on that flight! We started joking around a bit and she was super cool. Heck, she stood there talking to me for about 10 minutes. I can't even remember what the conversation was, but we got on some particular subject that turned into a major conversation and we were having quite a bit of fun until she had to join the other Flight Attendant to bring the beverage cart down the isle. When she got to our row, I ordered a Coke and as she handed it to me, she whispered in my ear to reach into her pocket (she was wearing some sort of smock or apron type thingy). I reached in and she had 5 or 6 packs of cookies in there! I was in heaven! Those things are to die for!

Anyway, Lynn witnessed all of this on both flights and I guess she made a mental note as Santa brought me a 2lb 3.2oz. box of those cookies for Christmas! These dang things are addictive!

BarryBobPosthole
12-29-2016, 02:34 PM
I got my cookies on Christmas too!

BKB

Arty
12-29-2016, 02:38 PM
You got to the "reach in my pocket" part of the story and I was scared what I was gonna read next.
As with any thump story, that could've taken MANY turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
12-29-2016, 03:01 PM
I like cookies with milk....Tittie milk

http://media3.giphy.com/media/6r10aZVrXZF4Y/giphy.gif

Hombre
12-29-2016, 03:32 PM
You old folks get excited about the darnedest things.

quercus alba
12-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Being as jimbo is agnostic, the title should read "manna from the mesosphere shouldn't it?