PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2016, 07:53 PM
I forgot to report that I got to sample osme of the legendary Cheerwine when I was in the Carolinas with the Deplorables. It is a dang good soda pop. I can't drink much non diet stuff but if those were available here i'd get one once in a while. I think the closest thing I can describe it to is its like an RC with a shot of cherry Doctor Pepper added in.

BKB

Captain
12-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Cheerwine is some good stuff!
Almost as good as boiled peanuts.

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2016, 08:21 PM
It would go good with some boiled peanuts! I may have to go buy a few cans tomorrow to eat instead of blackeyed peas. All blackeyed peas got me last year was this wormy scar on my belly.

BKB

airbud7
12-31-2016, 08:47 PM
They good with moon pie too

https://southerncomfortlife.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/moon-pie-cheer-wine.jpg

Thumper
12-31-2016, 08:48 PM
I've been drinking Cheerwine since I was 8 or 9 years old. For the longest time, it was only available in N.C. I think. My grandparents would load their station wagon with the stuff to get me through 'til summer (but I only got to have it at their house). With 6 kids in the family, it wouldn't last long at our house. I'd always load up when I drove my truck through N.C. and Lynn and I would always load up anytime we went to N.C. ... usually Charlotte. For the past 3-4 years, they've had it down here at Wally World ... but they run out fast, so we have to time it right. I assume the plant is expanding their territory.