PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smokes Batman!

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2017, 11:40 AM
I haven't priced a BGE in a long time, but this seems kind of ridiculous. Its a 13" mini egg. For almost $900 bucks.
BKB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XQNGPQG/ref=pe_1874540_220968150_em_1p_0_ti

Big Muddy
01-02-2017, 12:24 PM
And, to top that off, I've never seen a single one that didn't have cracks, after a couple of years of use.....if they're so good, why don't the bbq champions use them???....I think I've seen one in use on the bbq tv shows, and they didn't win in any of the categories....jmho.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2017, 12:32 PM
I've had mine for four or five years now and it doesn't have any cracks. That don't mean it won't but I take pretty care of her. Best grill/smoker I've ever used. I roast our Thanksgiving turkey in mine and use it like an oven. Comes out perfect.

But I wouldn't pay $900 for a 13" grill no matter good it was.

BKB

Thumper
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
I put BGE and Yeti in the same category. They came out with a new angle to an old item and capitalized on being the only one's in the industry with no "direct" competition. Once the other manufacturers get up to speed on comparable products, I think the prices will come back down out of the ozone layer! JMHO.

Big Muddy
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
I got a buddy who sells them....he says the cracks start occurring after extended use of extremely high temps, but will not affect it's operation.....normal smoking temps supposedly won't cause any cracking.....I think he said they don't honor the warranty for minor cracking....for that kinda price, I don't wanna see a single crack of any kind.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Since they are ceramic I can see that happening. Its easy to get distracted when you're firing them up and leave the lid open a little too long. They get hot in a hurry. Ask Hombre.

BKB