PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha! Ummmm ... okaaaaay!

Thumper
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Bucky would love this.....

I sold an item Thursday night to a guy in Michigan and our mail carrier picked it up on Friday.

(from the USPS tracking info)

Picked Up
Dec-30-16, 16:10 PM, LAKELAND, FL 33809

The main P.O. is in Tampa where the mail gets processed (sorted) and shipped out ... it arrived there for processing on Saturday.

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Dec-31-16, 03:09 AM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Then it got shipped out, headed for Michigan yesterday.

In Transit to Destination
Jan-01-17, 03:09 AM

Then, why is it that TODAY, it processed through TAMPA!!??? :confused:

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
Jan-02-17, 11:59 AM, TAMPA 33605

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
I think 'In transit to destination' doesn't mean what you think it does.

BKB

Thumper
01-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Well, normally I get the "in transit" notice once it's on it's way out'ta Tampa. (looks to me like they forgot the "depart" step above!) ;)

Here's an example of something I sold the next day:

Picked Up
Dec-31-16, 15:29 PM, LAKELAND, FL 33809

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Dec-31-16, 23:00 PM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Departed USPS Origin Facility
Dec-31-16, 23:39 PM, TAMPA, FL 33605

In Transit to Destination
Jan-01-17, 23:39 PM

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
I have something that I'm tracking on its way to me and it had that status after it left its place of origin too. But in the absence of a real status, I'll bet someone put that on there because there is some process rule that says all packages must advance blah blah blah.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Yep, the USPS will never cease to amaze me....for instance, if I mail my local parts store bill payment at the local post office, the letter leaves there, then travels nearly 100 miles to Jackson, MS....from there, it travels the same 100 miles, on it's return trip to my local post office....they have spent money to send my letter on a 200 mile roundtrip....here's the kicker, my parts store is 4 blocks from my local post office....I know all this for a fact.

Thumper
01-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Same here Muddy. My Post Office is about a mile from my house. If I mail a letter to an address in town, it goes from here to that Post Office, then to Tampa, then back here to the P.O. and gets delivered from there. I mailed my HOA dues last year to my neighbor 3 doors down from me. They weren't home and we were headed out of town. Instead of sticking my check under their door or whatever, I just stuck it in our mailbox. It went from here to to the P.O. down the street, on to Tampa, then back here to be delivered to my neighbor 3 doors down. I understand the logistics (the sorting and processing is done in Tampa), it just seems silly.

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2017, 12:39 PM
To rehash one of my favorite old meaningless status updates from the 70s ......'We have our top men working on the problem'

BKB

Thumper
01-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Ha ha! I laugh when one of my packages goes to Orlando. I-4 runs across the center of the state from Daytona to Tampa. I-4 starts on the east coast in Daytona and runs right through the middle of Orlando, then it continues on through the town I live in and ends on the west end in Tampa. When I mail a package to Orlando, it goes through town headed west to Tampa, then they send it East (again through town here) and it continues on to Orlando! I live a mile from I-4 and that same package passes me twice! :)