PDA

View Full Version : Heck, he's not even in office yet ...

Thumper
01-03-2017, 03:48 PM
... and already making improvements. Here's another one to jump on the bandwagon!

Ford cancels $1.6 billion Mexican plant

WASHINGTON, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said Tuesday it will cancel a planned $1.6 billion factory in Mexico and will invest $700 million at a Michigan factory, after it had come under harsh criticism from President-elect Donald Trump for its Mexican investment plans.

The second largest U.S. automaker said it would build new electric, hybrid and autonomous vehicles at the Michigan plant.

Ford Chief Executive Mark Fields on Tuesday said the decision to cancel the new plant in Mexico was in part related to the need to "fully utilize capacity at existing facilities" amid declining sales of small and medium sized cars such as the Focus and Fusion.

Fields also used the occasion to endorse "pro growth" tax and regulatory policies advocated by Trump and the Republican led Congress.

Trump repeatedly said during the election campaign that if elected he would not allow Ford to open the new plant in Mexico and would slap hefty tariffs taxes on imported Ford vehicles.

A Ford source said the Trump team was told this morning about the decision. It was influenced by Trump's policy goals such as lowering taxes and regulations but there were no negotiations between Ford and the Republican over the decision to cancel the Mexico plant or invest in Michigan, the source said.

Also on Tuesday, Trump threatened to impose a "big border tax" on General Motors Co for making some of its Chevrolet Cruze cars in Mexico.

Fido
01-03-2017, 04:58 PM
And I wonder how the union bosses will respond tooo this!!! Will they ever learn. I get a UAW paper once a month and come any election they are all for the libral candidates an every tax levy. All I can say so far is that it appears a new day in Washington politics is coming!

Captain
01-03-2017, 05:14 PM
He's done more before he has taken office than dumbo has done in 8 years.

Big Skyz
01-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Captain that's O'Dumbo, show a little respect. ;)

Captain
01-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Captain that's O'Dumbo, show a little respect. ;)

I stand corrected. But I don't know if the respect part in is me... ;-)

Chicken Dinner
01-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Great news for us fiscally conservative types today. Mr. Trump's current plan is to go ahead and build the wall and get Mexico to pay us back "later". (Sure. And, the checks in the mail and I won't come in your mouth...) But, that's not all! The Republicans in Congress are actually considering a plan to repeal Obamacare that will only run the deficit up to $1 trillion/year. (That's trillion with a "T" in case you weren't following closely.)

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Those were just campaign promises to get elected and thus they don't count as real promises, Hank. You oughta know better than that by now.

BKB

LJ3
01-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Two words. Git Mo. Campaign promises are consistently executed or ignored regardless of who takes office.

Chicken Dinner
01-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Mr. Obama sure seems intent on shutting it down and letting all those farqers loose now that he won't have to deal with the results.:D

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Yes it would have been much more the American way to never ever let them have a day in court and just keep them locked up in a prison in another country.

If they are guilty of some sort of crime, them by all means let's try them, convict them, and imprison them. Its something we are quite good at.

But if they are prisoners of war, then they should be treated according to the international laws regrding POWs that we expect everyone else to abide by with our own people who are captured.

Holding them indefinitely on no charges is not acceptable though.
BKB

LJ3
01-06-2017, 02:05 PM
I'm referring to Obamas campaign promise of closing gitmo as an example of Presidents saying shit to get elected. He said that to get elected, period. There's tons of examples from Republicans and democrats. "read my lips" blah blah blah... It's all bullshit but for some reason I must not be smart enough to understand, it's worse when Trump does it.

Personally, fuck everyone in Gitmo as far as I'm concerned.

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Well, he's tried. Here's the facts, of course there are no facts according to Kellyanne Conway, and you can read for yourself why GITMO isn't closed. Or did you care?

BKB

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/177/close-the-guantanamo-bay-detention-center/

Captain
01-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Great news for us fiscally conservative types today. Mr. Trump's current plan is to go ahead and build the wall and get Mexico to pay us back "later". (Sure. And, the checks in the mail and I won't come in your mouth...) But, that's not all! The Republicans in Congress are actually considering a plan to repeal Obamacare that will only run the deficit up to $1 trillion/year. (That's trillion with a "T" in case you weren't following closely.)
I'm liking everything you said above.