PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2017, 12:45 AM
Just watched it. It ain't for everybody.

I loved it.

BKB

johnboy
01-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Me too! Even the missus loved it.

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2017, 06:30 AM
I saw that one in the theater and enjoyed it as well. I actually took a mixed group of 15 year old boys and girls and was damn glad I didn't sit near them. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
01-11-2017, 10:59 AM
I watched it on a plane and ignored my family the whole time I was watching it :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2017, 02:47 PM
I knew zip zero nada about it when I clicked on it to watch it. So it took me a little bit to get what kind of movie it actually was. The opening credits probably distracted me as much as anything. I still don't know what was. Graphic novel? That's as close as I can come.

BKB

LJ3
01-11-2017, 03:02 PM
I saw it as a moving comic book with lots of sarcasm. I enjoy sarcasm. Shocking, I know.

johnboy
01-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Deadpool was and is the only comic book movie that I actually liked. Witty, sarcastic and entertaining. You actually have to watch it a couple of times to get all the stuff that is going on. Looking forward to the sequel which I'm sure is in production right now.

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2017, 03:36 PM
John, have you seen Watchmen?

As for comic book movies, the Christopher Nolan Batman movies are damn good. The rest are cartoonish.

I'm a graphic novel fan but generally have passed on most comic book. Deadpool was based on a comic book character but It has more of a graphic novel feel to it to me.

BKB

LJ3
01-11-2017, 04:44 PM
I think it felt that way because the characters are more accessible. You could almost see the illustrations fly by as the supporting dialog provided further insight in to the characters ideas and struggles.

Homo.

johnboy
01-12-2017, 03:24 PM
You know, Watchmen is a movie that I've watched bits and pieces of over the years and really enjoyed it ( I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!) but have never actually seen the whole thing from start to finish. I'm gonna look it up and do that.

The Batman trilogy with Bale were by far the best of a sorry bunch, for sure. I guess I just like the darker side which better fits the character I think.

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Sin City and V for Vendetta are two others you ought to check out if you like the dark side.

BKB

johnboy
01-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Loved Sin City! Mickey Rourke was at his creepy best. The more I think about it, it's not comic book (graphic novel?) movies I don't like, it's Marvel movies I don't like. If you liked Sin City, try Dark City.

johnboy
01-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, meant to ask you where you caught that slough shark. Nice one!

LJ3
01-12-2017, 04:20 PM
I really like V for Vendetta although it caused that stupid fad of dipshits wearing Fawkes masks. I haven't seen Sin City. Might just cue that bad boy up.

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Caught him at Dogtooth a couple of years ago. I can shut my eyes and see the exact spot I fought that bad boy. He went 40", an inch shy of my personal best in 1988 at LOTW.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Caught him at Dogtooth a couple of years ago. I can shut my eyes and see the exact spot I fought that bad boy. He went 40", an inch shy of my personal best in 1988 at LOTW.

BKB

johnboy
01-12-2017, 06:45 PM
One of the things I miss living here on the coast is catching big pike. Nothing like big, hungry, mean, toothy slimers in shallow water in the spring. Man, those things are fun!

HideHunter
01-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Wow! Not too often I get ahead of you guys on the pop-culture stuff. I'm feeling pretty foxy.. I saw that 25 years ago.

Nandy
01-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Ain't deathpool breakin of the 4th wall the most interesting part? I must watch it.... the walking dead is the only "graphic novel" I ever read. I like the show better. For me the "graphic novel" title was just a silly way for millenials to name a comic book and still sound like a grown up. Maybe I'm wrong....