PDA

View Full Version : DNA Results

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2017, 10:01 AM
They're pretty much where my family history said they should be, at least the word of mouth family history that I've heard my whole life. No native American, so the stories of the cherokee great grandma must not be true, unless he married her and had kids that aren't in my line.
Mine is:
73% Great Britain
18% Ireland
3% Iberian Peninsula
3% Scandinavia
1% Eastern European
the rest is a bunch of <1% middle eastern regions

So I'm not sure what it all means, but it was an interesting process!

BKB

Big Muddy
01-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Soooo, you might be kin to the Queen, huh???....you DO look a little like Prince Charles. ;)

I guess I'll forego checking my DNA, and take my Dad's advice, when I asked about our family lineage, years ago....he said, "Leave it alone, boy."....ha, must be something askew in our woodpile. ;)

Thumper
01-11-2017, 11:08 AM
<1% middle eastern regions

So, you could also be kin to Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein! ;)

'Course, if you believe in Adam & Eve, aren't we ALL related? Naaaa, I forgot, since the discovery of the genome, science tells us the human race couldn't have begun with only two people. Heck, I'm still trying to get over the trauma I suffered in Sunday school as a kid when I asked how the heck could Noah get all those big 'ol dinosaurs on that little boat ... and I got in trouble for asking! Heck, imagine my confusion when the Bible told me earth was created 6,000 years ago and I believe Adam & Eve along with ALL the animals were created on the 6th day! So, I guess dinosaurs had to have roamed the earth 6,000 years ago and surely, must have been paired up for a ride on the ark. Dang, I'm not sure where ol' Noah and clan put all the animals, much less the food to feed those big 'ol buggers! Heck, you'd need a crew of a bazillion just to shovel the poop out'ta that little boat!

BUT, I'm a believer ... when science tells me dinosaurs roamed the earth 230 million years ago and became extinct 65 million years ago, I "know" that has to be b/s! But wait a dang minute! Would that mean Raquel Welch is actually EVE???!!! Now I'm even more confused ... how could she have been here 1-million years BC? Dang, I'd rather remain an Agnostic ... it's much less confusing. (I sure am envious of Adam though!) ;)

Adam and Eve???

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7d/74/f8/7d74f8705b88a5098159e8f1c7f9fbdd.jpg https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/27/02/82/27028298c39e261263fe2529b99e52ea.jpg

Captain
01-11-2017, 11:27 AM
All non-fishing areas. It shows too!!

HunterEd
01-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Friend of mine had his done. LOL comes back Rwandan, English & Ecuador as the three main traits. He's really confused now.
The test listed Iran also.

Thumper
01-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Interesting stuff for sure. I've been told we are German and Dutch, but I have no idea what else could be in our background. "Supposedly", my mom has a bit of Cherokee mixed in there, but I have no clue if it's true. I'm curious, what did that test end up costing you from beginning to end? Seems you also mentioned a membership recently.

LJ3
01-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Boom!

Which regions carry the most noticing skills?

I got the kit for Christmas and fixing to send it in this weekend.

I'm hoping for 50% Viking and 50% Mongol. I'll prolly get 95% some pasty lily white soft handed gentle empire and 5% Kraut. How boring.

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2017, 02:42 PM

But at least there ain't no pygmy in mine!

I think it cost me like $70 for the test and then the couple months no frills membership was like $17 a month if I recall. So it'll set you back a benjamin is probably a close estimate.

Kind of interesting if you have an extra hundred bucks sitting around.
I told one of my cousins about the results and he has spent beaucoup hours working on geneology of our family. He said he is skeptical that their results are all that accurate. Not because of mine but in general. I honestly don't know a thing about it one way or the other.
BKB

LJ3
01-11-2017, 03:03 PM
I dunno. If the science isn't half assed, DNA is DNA man. It's science, not debate. But Magellan. So.

Arty
01-11-2017, 08:49 PM

Damn. That's harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trav
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Mine were pretty surprising

Ireland 41%
Western Europe 33%
Scandinavia 17%
Iberian Penensula 3%
Finland / Northwest Russia 2%
European Jewish 2%
Europe East 1%
Great Britain 1%

LJ3
01-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Funny, you don't look Druish.

Trav
01-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Funny, you don't look Druish.. One of the best movies ever.

Nandy
01-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Mine are 100% mudblood.... I wonder how the hell i even call myself Hispanic.