PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure What This Says About my Management Style....

LJ3
01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
But one of my team just sent me this email while I was on vacation. Told me it was a new name tag he got for me :)

I literally spit coffee out my nose laughing so hard!

jb
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Well, if the shoe fit's, wear it. :stupid:

Bwana
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Love it!

Thumper
01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I had a good friend and workmate (a black guy) years ago whom I promoted to Shop Foreman. My Foreman's office was back in the shop overlooking the mechanic's bays. There was a sign on the outside of the door that said, "Shop Foreman" followed by the foreman's name. I'd fired the old foreman and had two new signs made up before he (my new foreman) moved into his office. We installed the first sign while he was at lunch. I replaced "Shop Foreman" with H.N.I.C. (Head Nigger In Charge) and had his "name" below it ... his last name is Slade and under the HNIC it said "Slade the Spade". When he returned from lunch, the whole shop had a good laugh at his expense (everyone loved the guy). Kind of an "initiation" I guess. Of course we had to take it down before upper management or a customer spotted it, but I thought he was gonna bust a gut he laughed so hard. I have to admit, we gave him hell but he was the best damn foreman I ever had. He's in Seattle now and we still stay in touch.