PDA

View Full Version : Cool!

Thumper
01-17-2017, 09:43 AM
I received a phone call last night from one of the estate sale companies here in town. They said they just took on an account that is a bit overwhelming. Stuff packed floor to ceiling! There's a garage so stuffed with junk, they weren't even able to get into it! They asked if I could round up my buddy and the two of us go over to lend a hand organizing the stuff. Cool, I love being the first one in! I hope there are some hidden treasures to be discovered.

Later dufes ... my buddy just pulled in the driveway so I'm out'a here! :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-17-2017, 09:55 AM
I'd say go stick your head in there and have a look, but I doubt it'd fit!

BKB

LJ3
01-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Find me a vintage guitar and amp dammit!

BarryBobPosthole
01-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Find me a '55 Nomad sitting in a shed.

BKB

HideHunter
01-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Sounds like a blast! Have fun.

airbud7
01-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Good luck Thump!...Find some good stuff!

http://topmarilynmonroelookalike.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/marco-rossi-skirt-blow-2.jpg

Thumper
01-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Just rolled back in and I'm whooped! This place is incredible! The guy who passed was an ex-WWII fighter pilot and squadron leader. After the war, he stayed in the military, then retired and piloted and maintained airplanes. He also owned a plane and ran an airport shuttle service out of our local airport. This place is PACKED with solid gold junque! We got the garage pretty much straightened out and there are still two very large sheds that, when you open the doors, it's just a solid wall of "stuff"! I guess he'd pack stuff in from the rear forward until it was at the door, then shoved the door closed and locked it up. The thing is, we could not see what all is in there, BUT ... everything we COULD see was super cool stuff! We just closed the door and locked it back up to work in the garage. So far, we haven't even opened the other shed and have no clue what's in there. (these sheds are the size of a small garage themselves) And the inside of the house is the same way, totally packed ... not much garbage, but cool stuff from all over the world from his military days. My buddy and I both said we won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about all the cool stuff we dug up today and wondering what's still to be found. (he was pretty much a hoarder actually, but he hoarded neat crap!) We've worked out a deal to work for "stuff", not cash. We're going back tomorrow and will work for them as long as we're needed for the next two weeks. I think it will take at least that long to dig everything out of all the hidey-holes!

Man-o-man, I'm pumped! Heck, I didn't even know I was in pain until we knocked off for the day. Then it hit me ... I can hardly walk, so I guess I've been running on adrenaline all day. I'm sure I'll be hurting big time in the morning, but we'll be back over there at 8:00 to get started. Dang! Tomorrow's my birthday and I'll be working, but at the same time, I'll be having fun! ;)

DeputyDog
01-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a good day. Cool stuff to look at even if you don't end up with any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
01-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Sounds neat. Congrats on the "find". Hope you make out like a bandit...

LJ3
01-17-2017, 09:41 PM
HAppy birthday tomorrow dufus! Are they paying you to get this shit all organized?