PDA

View Full Version : Unnnn, Mr. Captain Sir ....

Thumper
01-19-2017, 09:56 AM
I've been piling these into a box and it looks like I've collected enough to start listing them, but you get first shot. I'm sure you have most of these (nothing super rare here), but wondered if you want any more? I haven't dated them yet, but will be getting that done in a week or so. In this pile, all the combination wrenches have different numbers, so the years and applications are spread out.

8459 8460

8461 8462

8463 8464

Bwana
01-19-2017, 10:15 AM
When my dad has his farm liquidation auction there was a bunch of at least a couple of dozen old wrenches that I attempted to get the bid moving on...I now own them. :)

Anyway, my intent is to sell them but have yet to take the time to clean them up and take pictures. Jim, do you research each wrench?

I realize you don't want to sell a rare gem for little or nothing, but hells bells I don't seem to be able to get a picture taken let alone do any research. Maybe I should just sell them for scrap metal. ;)

Thumper
01-19-2017, 10:30 AM
I do usually research them Bwana. That way I can be a bit more accurate with my description when I list them on eBay. You can bounce around the net and pretty much find what you have. There are many more, but here's an example of a site to help ID some of the wrenches from '34 for example..

http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/modelt5ztools.htm

Captain
01-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Moderator please take down this post before I look at it very long....
I'd love to have them Jim, but I need to curtail my collecting and start selling
What do you charge commission? I'll load a truck and trailer of stuff up.

Thumper
01-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Awww, what would a few more itty-bitty wrenches hurt? ;)

Commission? Dang, with all the stuff you have, I could buy a new house with 1% commission!

BarryBobPosthole
01-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Damn that's a big old drum in Captain avatar.

BKB

Trav
01-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Damn that's a big old drum in Captain avatar.

BKB

Nope just a little man.