PDA

View Full Version : Any snooker players?

johnboy
01-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfJX125-Zg

Perfect!

Used to play a lot of snooker and pool but never seen this in real life.

Flatlander
01-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Grew up playing that game. Loved it but it was great practice for the bar tables when I got older.

LJ3
01-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Never played it before. Hopefully someone would explain the rules before I broke the hands off that dude that kept taking my sunk shots out of the damn pockets!

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2017, 12:08 PM
I spent a lot of time in my youth in the local pool hall behind Central Bar. We played snooker, but usually played a game we called Golf on the snooker table. A scratch or a total miss of the target ball got you a hickey. At the end of the game, the winner collected all the hickeys from the losers at a dime apiece.

Snooker can make you a helluva leave player on the pool table.

BKB

Thumper
01-22-2017, 12:17 PM
A scratch or a total miss of the target ball got you a hickey. BKB

Dude! I hope you only played against wimmins! ;)

LJ3
01-22-2017, 01:12 PM
POsthole your story reminds me that I HAVE been accused of playing snooker during 9 ball tourneys in the Army. My defense was strong!

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Nine ball was always my favorite pool hall game. Quarter on the six, half on the nine.
We used to play six ball too.
BKB

HideHunter
01-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Ran into a snooker table in the Ozarks a hunerd years ago.. Only one I ever saw. Shot one game.. couldn't get into it. My Dad was a hell of a pool shooter in his younger days. I played enough I finally got to where I could run the table occasionally.. Dad did it quite often. We used to have a big tournament every year when we had the bar. Got to be a really big deal and if you wanted in - you about had to sign up the previous year. Exceptional talent - no deadwood. One of the guys is now a custom cue maker whose cues sell for up to 5 grand. Two of our regular players are now playing in Vegas. Money games after got downright scary. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2017, 02:12 PM
I always loved the 'local table rules'.

I was shooting pool once with two identical twin FBIs one time at a bar in Overton, Nevada called the Red Rooster. When I sunk the eight at the end of the game, the one I was playing informed me that at the Red Rooster you had to sink the eight in the same pocket you sunk your last number ball. I didn't argue. We were tented up outside Overton on a month long deployment in the desert. Our tech site was on the top of a 1900 ft mesa called Mormon Mesa. Solid rock. Try erecting antennas in that shit.

Anyway I got to know those guys pretty well by he end of the deployment.

BKB

LJ3
01-22-2017, 04:56 PM
HOUSE RULES FOR THE DRUNK: if we got too drunk to where not many shots were being sunk, we'd bring another cue ball in to play. It's actually pretty fun for 8 ball and 9 ball.