PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Facts

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2017, 07:20 PM
Here's a new concept.

BKB

Conway: Trump White House offered 'alternative facts' on crowd size
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-alternative-facts/index.html

Thumper
01-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Just like CNN, you can take it for what YOU want it to mean. I'd say a better choice of words would be something like, "... facts which present an alternative view ...". How's that? The point is, the press AND Trump are acting like a bunch of 12-year olds on the playground. The truth is, NOBODY knows what the turn-out was for EITHER event, so there ARE no facts! BUT ... the press (as usual) is running with any little worthless tid-bit they can dig up. I think the press should have better things to report on. I swear, the tit-for-tat is getting ridiculous. I'm with Trump on the media. They're a bunch of asses and I love it when Trump tells them to "go pound sand". The problem with Trump is, when the press baits him, he's so egotistical, he falls for it every time!

airbud7
01-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Lol...She made Chuck Todd look like a little boy who peed on himself this morning...Can't believe they pay his ass all while watching there ratings plummet/ dumb asses/ Lol

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2017, 09:11 PM
The ones arguing are the administration. And its not CNN 's facts that Trump and his cronies have issue with.

And it is exactly the point that they, the Trumpians, got their panties in a wad so much about it. All CNN has to do is sit back and put what comes out of their mouths on TV. Did you happen to even see the Spicer press conference? No way you can say the media is reaponsible for that train wreck.

BKB

Thumper
01-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Yep, watched it. I thought it was fun watching him spank their whiny little asses. But ... the whole thing is infantile ... on BOTH sides. Who gives a rats ass who drew the biggest crowd anydamnway? Again, politics is becoming a grade-school playground these days.

Chicken Dinner
01-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Who gives a rats ass who drew the biggest crowd anydamnway?.

Evidently, Mr. Trump does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 09:43 AM
At present, its vividly clear that Trump supporters are willing to claim anything he or his staff says is true even when it is a blatant lie. And when confronted and cornered with the truth will say one of two things: either 'What does it matter and why are we arguing about something as trivial as this (as the truth), or 'Its because my guy is a businessman, not a politician', as if that entitles him to be a liar.

I've known many businessmen, both good and bad, during my career. The best ones were careful to always protect their honesty and integrity. The worst ones, like Bernie Ebbers, were fast and loose with truth.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah, even though the IRS audit is over we can forget about seeing those tax returns. Despite the fact that he promised to release them, since he got elected without yet having done so means we don't care.

airbud7
01-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Sux being lied to don't it.....

shoe is on the other foot...tables have turned folks!....

You have 8 years left/ suck it up!

http://michaelmoore.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/uploads/2016/07/23143828/trumpwillwin-notext.jpg

DeputyDog
01-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Airbud, you beat me to it.

The benefit that the Democrats have is that they can criticize Trump without being called a "right-wing radical" or racist.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Airbud, you beat me to it.

The benefit that the Democrats have is that they can criticize Trump without being called a "right-wing radical" or racist.

I understand that you would never criticize Trump or his team for lying. But I'm kind of wondering what the heck this has to do woth the fact that he is a liar? Does it make you feel better about it?

BKB

airbud7
01-23-2017, 12:22 PM
I understand that you would never criticize Trump or his team for lying. But I'm kind of wondering what the heck this has to do woth the fact that he is a liar? Does it make you feel better about it?

BKB

YES! I do feel better!......My turn to lie for 8 years!.....Now stop crying like a little baby!:crybaby

Trump won so get over it dude! usa2

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 12:29 PM
YES! I do feel better!......My turn to lie for 8 years!.....Now stop crying like a little baby!:crybaby

Trump won so get over it dude! usa2

You know what they say, the first step in rehabilitation is admitting you have an issue. Being a liar is nothing to be proud of as you seem to be.

BKb

DeputyDog
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I never said I wouldn't criticize him. I just haven't yet. He definitely wasn't my choice but he was the best option over Hillary.

You're gonna drive yourself nuts over the next few years if you're gonna pick out every little thing and let it set you off.

I believe you've said in the past that things don't bother you if they don't directly affect you so why the change when it comes to Trump?

airbud7
01-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Yea Barry, you were a calm and cool dude when Obama was in office/ Now that Trumps the Head Honcho you seem like you gonna blow a head gasket...

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 12:59 PM
I never said I wouldn't criticize him. I just haven't yet. He definitely wasn't my choice but he was the best option over Hillary.

You're gonna drive yourself nuts over the next few years if you're gonna pick out every little thing and let it set you off.

I believe you've said in the past that things don't bother you if they don't directly affect you so why the change when it comes to Trump?

You think blatant lying is 'every little thing'? You think trying to intimidate the media into not fact checking him is not important? I plan to treat him with as much respect as you all have treated the last president.

As far as how is fucker affects me?
1. As a cancer survivor, if he rescinds Obamacare I won't be able to buy or afford health insurance, period. As a diabetic, health insurance companies won't touch me without the rupes under Obamacare.
2. As a grandparent, Trump's policies on charter schools will take away funding from public schools that my grandchildren attend. And the private schools that Trump would shift money from public schools to, are too expensive for them to attend. I live in a state that is 50th in the nation in public school funding. And Trump wants the states to take on even more.
3. As a retiree whose income is very much largely dependent on my own retirement investments, Trump's irresponsible actions could wipe out my retirement savings.
4. As an American citizen, I don't want my country to go to war with anyone. Trump made a comment once, 'I love war, in a certain way'. His Secy of State and his administration has said they will move the US embassy to jerusalem. If he does this, war will almost certainly break out in the middle east. Jordan, who is now an ally will become an enemy. Suddenly, with Trump in office, everybody love jews. I got no problem with that but they only love us as long as we support them unquestionably.
5. As a human being, I tend to believe the the scientists who believe global warming is man made and is an imminent danger. 97% of climate scientists say so. But neither Trump nor his nominee for EPA brlieve it. Instead, they plan to roll back regulations to convert our electrical power grid more to natural gas all for the sake of lining pockets of the energy companies. Solar employs more people in our country than coal. Yet solar is sneered at and coal is suddenly king. Welcome to the 1800s.

That's only a few. But yes, who is president affects me directly. And this man is a total fucking fraud.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Attempting to delegitimize the free press effects us all.

DeputyDog
01-23-2017, 01:18 PM
You think blatant lying is 'every little thing'? You think trying to intimidate the media into not fact checking him is not important? I plan to treat him with as much respect as you all have treated the last president.

As far as how is fucker affects me?
1. As a cancer survivor, if he rescinds Obamacare I won't be able to buy or afford health insurance, period. As a diabetic, health insurance companies won't touch me without the rupes under Obamacare.
2. As a grandparent, Trump's policies on charter schools will take away funding from public schools that my grandchildren attend. And the private schools that Trump would shift money from public schools to, are too expensive for them to attend. I live in a state that is 50th in the nation in public school funding. And Trump wants the states to take on even more.
3. As a retiree whose income is very much largely dependent on my own retirement investments, Trump's irresponsible actions could wipe out my retirement savings.
4. As an American citizen, I don't want my country to go to war with anyone. Trump made a comment once, 'I love war, in a certain way'. His Secy of State and his administration has said they will move the US embassy to jerusalem. If he does this, war will almost certainly break out in the middle east. Jordan, who is now an ally will become an enemy. Suddenly, with Trump in office, everybody love jews. I got no problem with that but they only love us as long as we support them unquestionably.
5. As a human being, I tend to believe the the scientists who believe global warming is man made and is an imminent danger. 97% of climate scientists say so. But neither Trump nor his nominee for EPA brlieve it. Instead, they plan to roll back regulations to convert our electrical power grid more to natural gas all for the sake of lining pockets of the energy companies. Solar employs more people in our country than coal. Yet solar is sneered at and coal is suddenly king. Welcome to the 1800s.

That's only a few. But yes, who is president affects me directly. And this man is a total fucking fraud.

BKB

I'm able to get reactions like this and yet get no credit for being able to stir the shit. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 01:32 PM
My shit was way disturbed a long time before these posts, Deppity! I will give you SD points though.

I guess you didn't want a detailed answer though. Fair enough.

I think he's a fraudulent mother fracker. Does the concise answer fit better in the SD mode?

BKB

airbud7
01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Attempting to delegitimize the free press effects us all.

Attempting to delegitimize the President of the United States through free press effects us all.

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Attempting to delegitimize the President of the United States through free press effects us all.

Speaking truth to and directing hard questions to Power does not delegitimize it.

airbud7
01-23-2017, 02:15 PM
If you represent a news outlet/network known for habitual lying then No! you can not talk to nor ask Trump anything! Hes already told CNN that....No fake news!

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2017, 02:22 PM
The Trump Campaign practically invented fake news and used if very effectively in the campaign. They don't now get to complain about it, or especially, redefine it to include the MSM.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
If you represent a news outlet/network known for habitual lying then No! you can not talk to nor ask Trump anything! Hes already told CNN that....No fake news!

AGAIN. Sean Spicer wasn't disputing anything put out by CNN or any of the other 'free media' you speak of. He was disputing facts put out by the National Park Service.

BKB

Captain
01-23-2017, 02:24 PM
An Obama never lied did he Posty. Trump invented it right...
You just like Obummers lies and don't like Trump lies, admit it.

LJ3
01-23-2017, 02:30 PM
The Trump Campaign practically invented fake news and used if very effectively in the campaign. They don't now get to complain about it, or especially, redefine it to include the MSM.

Apparently they do.

I totally get wanting to bend the MSM over the sofa and fuck them hard, and dry. I do. And they deserve it.

But for the love of all that's holy, if you look like a crazy delusional fucker doing it, you're approaching it all wrong.

A smart person could expose the MSM for what they are and still keep the focus on moving things forward in a positive way.

DeputyDog
01-23-2017, 02:30 PM
And everyone questioning Hillary's credibility were spreading rumors and innuendo.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 02:32 PM
An Obama never lied did he Posty. Trump invented it right...
You just like Obummers lies and don't like Trump lies, admit it.

I have never ever said such a thing. Obama lied big time about Obamacare and the whole 'You can keep your doctor' statement was the Politifact 'Lie of the Year'. Of course, everyone remembers the grand old days before Obamacare when you never had to change your doctor. Unless of course, you changed jobs or insurance company. But he did lie and say it wouldn't happen. It did happen. Not to me, probably not to you, or anyone else on Goodhunting. But it happened to a lot of people.

Trump takes lying to a whole nother universe. And I guess you must've liked Obama's lying so much that you want Trump to do even more of it? Is that your point?

BKB

airbud7
01-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Sean Spicer is awsome......In his first statement he single handedly got all left wing news organizations pissed off!

Fuck the magnitude 7.9 earthquake or the suicide bomber that killed all those people! Its Sean Spicer we wanna talk about!

Lol....You go Sean

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Sean Spicer is awsome......In his first statement he single handedly got all left wing news organizations pissed off!

Fuck the magnitude 7.9 earthquake or the suicide bomber that killed all those people! Its Sean Spicer we wanna talk about!

Lol....You go Sean

You kind of proved my point.

BKB

airbud7
01-23-2017, 02:45 PM
You kind of proved my point.

BKB

Sean Spicers on TV now!......

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 02:45 PM
And everyone questioning Hillary's credibility were spreading rumors and innuendo.

No sir, and I've said nothing of the kind. Where there's that much smoke, there is a problem. Faced with the two horrible choices, I would pick her every time over this guy though.

But it is ironic that Trump's own views on the clintons went from calling them criminals and invoking chants of 'Lock her up' and promising to appoint a special prosecutor (which he also doesn't have the power to do under the constitution) all the way to 'the clintons are good people'. Doesn't that give you any pause at all? Does that make you think that either a whole bunch of that shit was untrue or does it just make you think, 'Nah, it isn't that important any more'. Because you quite obviously believed it when your guy said it. when your guy says this now would you also say Hillary clinton is a good person?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
BKB

Hombre
01-23-2017, 03:05 PM
"No sir, and I've said nothing of the kind. Where there's that much smoke, there is a problem."

I think you might be dippin your toes into that alternative truth pond!

LJ3
01-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Lordy... I think I may actually need a fucking safe space at this point.... If it has vodka, shrimp, books, netflix, and a comfy place to chill, I'm totally in.

Hombre
01-23-2017, 03:07 PM
and cats don't forget your cats

airbud7
01-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Lol^

LJ3
01-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Bofe you can suck it!

DeputyDog
01-23-2017, 03:50 PM
No sir, and I've said nothing of the kind. Where there's that much smoke, there is a problem.
BKB

And I believe you also said that if these allegations had any truth to them why hadn't she been indicted or anything come from them.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 06:28 PM

Legitimate is as legitimate does. The free press doesn't get to decide that.
BKB

quercus alba
01-23-2017, 08:41 PM
I find it hard to hear the term " blatant liar" and not think of Hilary Clinton

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2017, 08:53 PM
I find it hard to hear the term " blatant liar" and not think of Hilary Clinton

You'll get no argument from me there. They're just not mutually exclusive propositions.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Then again, without Trump we'd never have a head of the Department of Energy that's been a contestant on Dancing With The Stars.

So there's value there.

BKB

Captain
01-23-2017, 09:46 PM
True, walk toward the light Posty.
I thought a week with the deplorables had you moving in the right direction.
If I could have kept you around here for another week or so you should have put a Trump bumper sticker on they Yota...

Chicken Dinner
01-24-2017, 11:11 AM