PDA

View Full Version : Old remedies....

Big Muddy
01-27-2017, 09:15 AM
I rarely get sick, but ever since returning from St. Louie, I've had bad chest congestion....sitting in a conference room full of other deplorables for a week, there's no wonder....I try to avoid crowds this time of year....barely been able to sleep from all the wheezing, snorting, and coughing....even went to the doc and got a shot, but little help.
As a last resort, I remember as a kid, my Mom rubbing a big glob of Vapor Rub on my chest....bingo, best night's sleep in a week, and airways all clear, this morning.
Feel so good, I'm sitting on a deer stand, rat now. ;)

Captain
01-27-2017, 09:34 AM
Glad you are on the mend. I like moonshine with a splash of lemon and a piece of peppermint candy in it.
I don't know if it cures you or just makes you not care you're sick...

Big Muddy
01-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Ha, Cap, sounds like some of those Purple Passion conconctions we brewed in college in 5 gal. hy-tran buckets....guaranteed to get you laid. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Its gotten to where I have to put a dab of vicks under each nostril at bedrime or I wake up congested. Folks are blaming the mountain cedar pollen that blows up from Texas for the allergy issues this season. They must've raised a bumper crop of 'em this year! It does seem to be after a strong south wind for a few days that it bothers me. Maybe there's something to it. Or maybe I'm allergic to Texas bullshit blowing up here all the time.

When I smoked, I got sick every year in January with a sinus infection. Its been ten years this may 13th that
i quit and I think I've had to take antibiotics for a sinus infection ONCE since then. So if you smoke QUIT dumbasses.

BKB

DeputyDog
01-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Do you Okies blame Texas for everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 11:26 AM
With good reason we do. You come live by these assholes for a while,

BKb

quercus alba
01-27-2017, 11:57 AM
My dad took Vicks and swallowed it. Said you might as well go straight to the source. Pretty common practice around here, I've gone thru several bottles my own self

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 12:04 PM
My dad took Vicks and swallowed it. Said you might as well go straight to the source. Pretty common practice around here, I've gone thru several bottles my own self

I wouldn't advise that. I have used it successfully on a toenail that got the creeping crud one time. Cleared it up in a couple weeks.

BKb

Big Muddy
01-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Ha, my great aunt would swallow a dab of Vaseline, every night....she swore it kept her pipes lubricated....sorta makes sense, I guess. ;)

Booger
01-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Heard about a queer that asked his doctor if he had something that would grow hair on his chest. The doc told him, hell just rub vasoline on your chest a couple times a day. Queers boyfriend told him "Bullshit, if that were true you'd have a damn ponytail coming out of your ASS"!!

Thumper
01-27-2017, 07:00 PM
In true Booger style! :D