PDA

View Full Version : I wish they would!

Big Skyz
01-27-2017, 02:51 PM
This is a report from Fox News about California wanting to succeed from the United States. I wish they would and then would should be another wall. ;)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/27/officials-announce-proposal-that-would-establish-california-as-separate-nation.html

Hombre
01-27-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't - I have to fly there a couple of times a month....The idea of going through immigration 2x a month is less than appealing.

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Texas says exactly the same thing. Maybe they can join up.

BKB

Big Skyz
01-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Let California set the example first. Either way it will never likely happen in my lifetime.

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Let California set the example first. Either way it will never likely happen in my lifetime.

Nope. You can't cut in line. Texas has it in their state constitution that they have the right to secede. Just ask any Texan, they'll tell you.

So just because they're your bad neighbor doesn't mean you get to step in front of my bad neighbor.

BKB

DeputyDog
01-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Nice idea.

Wasn't there a little argument about states seceding about 150 years ago? I thought that settled the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
01-27-2017, 04:22 PM
DeputyDog there were a lot of issues settled 150 years ago, but many of them have resurfaced.

Thumper
01-27-2017, 06:09 PM
:biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Its not a fence, its a wall. Like the Berlin Wall, only worser.

BKB

DeputyDog
01-27-2017, 06:38 PM
So it's worse to build a wall to keep people out than it is to build a wall to keep people in?

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 06:48 PM
There are about 130 million Mexicans that are are our allies and friends. They are also in our hemisphere. I hear and understand the angst over globalization. I lived it. I don't understand why anyone thinks its wise to build a wall between friends and neighbors.

If we want to fix the illegal alien problem, then first we need to fix our immigration laws. And then reach out to neighbor nations to get them to help us enforce those laws like we help them enforce theirs.

I know that's a novel concept. But we dont have enforceable laws now and the system needs to be redone. If we rigidly enforced our laws, then we'd have nobody to pick our fruit, vegetables or process most of our food. That's uncomfortable but very true. and it ain't because white foi;lks want those jobs either.

BKB

johnboy
01-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Just a thought but how much money is confiscated from the Mexican drug cartels? I understand that the US of A is looking to recover billions from El Chapo alone when he goes through your court system. So why not use this type funding to build whatever wall or fence you want.

DeputyDog
01-27-2017, 07:43 PM
The East Germans and West Germans were countrymen not just friends and allies.

I agree that the immigration laws need changed, but without any border control why have the laws at all and let anyone who steps foot in the US of A be entitled to full rights of citizenship?

DeputyDog
01-27-2017, 07:50 PM
So what happens if some of your friends and neighbors decide they would like to live in your house instead of their own? Do you leave the door open so they can come and go freely as long as they clean your toilet or do other jobs that you don't want to do? Or do you close the door and lock it so that the only people that come in are the ones that you let in?

Big Skyz
01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Isn't there a fence proposed for the South end of Mexico to keep Quatamalans out? Just say'n...

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Hang on a minute. I didn't invent the current laws and I'm not saying we should let them come in our house and do anything. That's a pretty tired analogy that holds absolutely no water. I'm talking about the wall won't do shit to stop illegal immigration. You have a sheltered view if you think they all swim the Rio Grande. Almost half of them come by plane or cross legally through border checkpoints and simply overstay their visa. What does the wall do about that?
And there are two million fewr illegals in America than there were in 2009. Building a wall is plainly and simply symbolic for people who don't want to discuss the really hard part of the problem. What do we do with the 11 million that are here? Given we have NO plan to actually prevent illegals from coming here, wouldn't it make more sense to remove why they're here to begin with? why do we never to after companies who hire them by the thousands?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-27-2017, 08:23 PM
Two thoughts:

1. Do we know what percentage of illegal immigrants come over the Mexican border in foot vs. planes, trains and automobiles? This wall isn't going to stop those folks.

2. Ending NAFTA and tanking the American economy doesn't seem like a good way to keep Mexicans in their own country. Just saying.