PDA

View Full Version : Truth

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2017, 11:47 AM
its hard to find in this administration.

BKB

Trump adviser cites non-existent 'massacre' defending ban
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/conway-bowling-green/index.html

LJ3
02-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Sorry. I ain't reading jack shit from CNN any more. They've lost all journalistic credibility in my eyes. Not because they've specifically targeted Trump, they have. I don't care about that. They're liberal and attack conservative candidates, that's expected.

Their involvement in the Democratic campaign, deliberate outright lies and deception contrary to easily determined facts... Hit pieces that are completely dishonest if not fabricated. That's not how this shit is supposed to work.

quercus alba
02-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Truth is hard to find in any administration. I don't believe a word any of them says until I see it come to fruition

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm open to alternatives. I read Foxnews and CNN as well as the Daily Oklahoman (conservative) and Tulsa World (not liberal but less conservative) every morning. Its damn hard to sift the pepper from the fly shit. Which is what makes assholes like KellyAnne Conway even more dangerous. Because there are a big number of people now, who will believe there was a Bowling Green massacre committed by two Iraquis that Obama allowed in the country. Mark my words, and at least one of the little short effers who'll believe her is on Goodhunting!

BKb

ps.....he has tiny little hands and owes me a dollar too.

LJ3
02-03-2017, 12:10 PM
I used to watch both CNN and Fox and usually could determine the truth was somewhere in the middle there. They've BOTH gone farther out of their respective arcs for me. I haven't check on the lately but I swear Al Jizzera used to have some pretty damn fair reporting from my perspective.

quercus alba
02-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Posty, I didn't know big muddy was short

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Hahaha......I've never met him so I don't know.

BKB

Thumper
02-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Well, I was a big-time news junkie until I went to work for Mil. Intel. That's when I realized much of the news we get is only what the current administration WANTS us to get. Now I respect the need for some things to be suppressed for National Security, but agenda-based news kinda pisses me off. I mirror Ticboy's viewing. Though my favorite world news agency is Al Jazeera, I mostly watch FOX with some CNN thrown in to average it out. In fact, we had this same discussion a few months back.

Here are a couple of my responses while discussing news sources with P-hole: http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?7855-Republican-Debate/page2&highlight=jazeera

Quote: True, I have to admit I watch FOX, but I tire of it pretty quickly. I will say it's my "go-to" network, but it doesn't take too terribly long to start channel-surfing and check in on the other networks. I watch quite a bit of CNN, but Al Jazeera is my all-time favorite whether I'm here in the States or overseas (but it's not always on here). I watch a bit of BBC also for a little different perspective.

What I love about FOX is the constant spewing of their "fair and balanced" b/s .... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! What a joke! Again, I do watch a lot of FOX ... but I have to work hard at separating fact from bullshit ... not unlike any other news source.

Followed by this one regarding Al Jazeera: Yeah, I had the same attitude many years ago when I first started watching it in Thailand. There was an Arabic BBC station that shut down, then Al Jazeera popped up. They are kinda like the FOX News of the Middle East ... they more or less go against the "mainstream media" of the region, but I don't believe they throw in all the b/s that Fox does. Fox touts their "fair and balanced" stance ... Al Jazeera's mantra is "The opinion and the other opinion"!

I kinda like 'em because they many times go "against the grain" of the Arab world ... which can be a bit dangerous in that region! Here's a small lead-in from Wiki ... they have an interesting history if you ever feel like wading through that kinda stuff. It's just another point of view ... and I like to look at as many as possible.

From Wiki: Al Jazeera was not the first such broadcaster in the Middle East; a number had appeared since the Arabsat satellite, a Saudi Arabia-based venture of 21 Arab governments, took orbit in 1985. The unfolding of Operation Desert Storm on CNN International underscored the power of live television in current events. While other local broadcasters in the region would assiduously avoid material embarrassing to their home governments (Qatar had its own official TV station as well), Al Jazeera was pitched as an impartial news source and platform for discussing issues relating to the Arab world.

In presenting "The opinion and the other opinion" (the station's motto), it did not take long for Al Jazeera to shock local viewers by presenting Israelis speaking Hebrew on Arab TV for the first time. Lively and far-ranging talk shows, particularly a popular, confrontational one called The Opposite Direction, were a constant source of controversy regarding issues of morality and religion. This prompted a torrent of criticism from the conservative voices among the region's press. It also led to official complaints and censures from neighboring governments. Some jammed Al Jazeera's terrestrial broadcast or expelled its correspondents. In 1999, the Algerian government reportedly cut power to several major cities in order to censor one broadcast. There were also commercial repercussions: Saudi Arabia reportedly pressured advertisers to avoid the channel, to great effect. Al Jazeera was also becoming a favorite sounding board for militant groups such as Hamas and Chechen separatists.

Al Jazeera was the only international news network to have correspondents in Iraq during the Operation Desert Fox bombing campaign in 1998. In a precursor of a pattern to follow, its exclusive video clips were highly prized by Western media.

Around the clock

1 January 1999 was Al Jazeera's first day of 24-hour broadcasting. Employment had more than tripled in one year to 500 employees, and the agency had bureaus at a dozen sites as far as EU and Russia. Its annual budget was estimated at about $25 million at the time.

However controversial, Al Jazeera was rapidly becoming one of the most influential news agencies in the whole region. Eager for news beyond the official versions of events, Arabs became dedicated viewers. A 2000 estimate pegged nightly viewership at 35 million, ranking Al Jazeera first in the Arab world, over the Saudi Arabia-sponsored Middle East Broadcasting Centre (MBC) and London's Arab News Network (ANN). There were about 70 satellite or terrestrial channels being broadcast to the Middle East, most of them in Arabic. Al Jazeera launched a free Arabic language web site in January 2001. In addition, the TV feed was soon available in United Kingdom for the first time via British Sky Broadcasting.

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2017, 01:29 PM
British newspapers are the hardest for me to figure out. Half are tabloids and sometimes the other half lies like tabloids.

They do have titties in them though.

BKB

LJ3
02-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Say what you want about Fox news, they are biased, no doubt. BUT... they, by a very wide margin, have more guests on with opposing points of view more than any other outlet I've viewed.

They're all FOS at this point.

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2017, 03:43 PM
I've tried to cut back on news, in fact from tv we only watch the local evening news which thank goodness is pretty much devoid of politics.

I admit to being a reading junkie though and probably spend at least an hour each morning reading (and commenting to you deplorables) about the news of the day. Can't help it.

BKB

airbud7
02-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Something about fox news draws me in?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/26/ea/5f/26ea5f6544e10d576990e0e549711798.jpg

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/mandatory/legacy/2015/02/man_file_1057177_MariaMolina.jpg