PDA

View Full Version : Unintended Consequences

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Despite taking the online "class" and filling out all the paperwork over a year ago, I finally got around to taking my concealed carry paperwork down to the Courthouse at lunch time today. The bad news was there was a new form and I had to fill it out and get it notarized. (I think maybe one line changed slightly, but no dice. Being smart about bureaucacy's, I just smiled and said, "Yes, Ma'am.") The good news was that they no longer require you to submit your finger prints to the State Police as part of the background check. (It may be silly, but that was one of my hangups about getting it done.)

At any rate, I guess they're doing a bang up business these days as I heard one of the clerk's say to another that they had the Brady people to thank for all this. She told me they're running around 60 days and having to issue temporary permits after the 45 mandated turn around runs out. And, this is in one of the bluest counties in America. I think we went 78% for Obama.

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Then I'd move.

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry, but I've got a great job in a great community with awesome neighbors and schools. Throw in a ten minute commute and I won't be leaving until I retire and cash out. The liberals just give me something to vent my speen at.

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
was tongue in cheek, of course.

I don't know how else to react to all that's going on these days. I'm sort of overwhelmed.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Sorry, but I've got a great job in a great community with awesome neighbors and schools. Throw in a ten minute commute and I won't be leaving until I retire and cash out. The liberals just give me something to vent my speen at.

I think this just proves the old Bill Clinton quote that I love to quote to Buckly so well....."If you want to live like a republican, you gotta vote like a Democrat".

BKB

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 04:22 PM
I wanna live like a Democrat. Richest guys in America are Democrats, hands down.

So how do I live to do that?

Bwana
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Have to admit that getting fingerprinted was the toughest thing for me to do, way back when I got my concealed carry permit. Just something about being on somebody's books that I don't care for.

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Um, guys???

If'n you were born, you have been fingerprinted. Just sayin'.....

Thumper
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I was fingerprinted when I joined the military ... so it was no big deal when I got my CCW. I'm not sure, but I think the military takes fingerprints AND DNA samples these days. It helps identify the pieces if they can't find your fingers.

Thumper
01-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Um, guys???

If'n you were born, you have been fingerprinted. Just sayin'.....

Where did you hear that Bucky? Is that something new? All they took from me was my footprints.

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Um.......maybe I'm wrong. I thought all babies were fingerprinted.

Ain't they?

Maybe I disremember such things. I wuz real small.:wink-new:

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I think all I have on my birth certificate is my feet prints. Its just the short form though, not the long form, so I may be a muslim communist lesbian born in Kenya for all I know.

I've been fingerprinted so many times it ain't funny, though none of them were by the cops!

BKB

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
OK, I'm wrong. Sorry.

I didn't mind being fingerprinted. I'm an honest man. I've toured Leavenworth. I ain't gonna do NUTHIN' wrong!

Hmmmm.....thats said, my CCW expires in June. Dang. Four years went fast. I gotta take somekinda refresher course to renew.