PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Birddog and I went fishing Tuesday and it was a good day on the water. But a bad day for hips and boats. A Murphy's Law Day. I'm glad this one is in the books on my side, maybe my quota is filled for a bit.

First off, I run off and left my gps at home. The one with all of the waypoints I've marked for brushpiles we found the previous time we fished.
Then the lockout solenoid on the trailer surge brake started acting up. So every time I'd try to back up the trailer brakes would lock up. Used a screwdriver to wedge in there to get unloaded at the ramp. Only two other trailers in the lot. Lost the screw driver somewhere.
Locator acted up and wouldn't come on because the accessory battery was low. The sticker on it says 2008. Long time for a marine battery. Time for a new one! We fixed it by turning off the livewells.
Back to the ramp to load, parking lot is full, two boats loading at the ramp behind us. We get loaded only to find the boat isn't all the way forward enough. Winch won't budge it. I figure, me being a 62 year old stud muffin I can just lean me back against the transom and shove that fucker forward an inch. We had to back it back in and winch it up. Luckily found another screwdriver to jam in there to back it in. And had to scrounge a rock to pound it in there. I swear, it was EXACTLY like a monkey fucking a football.

So I woke up this morning at two with my damn hip hurting and no way to turn to get comfortable because I pulled something in my ass end.

But it was an awesome day fishing! Saw an eagle and a fucking pelican too!

BkB

Captain
02-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Did you find that dollar you owe me???

DeputyDog
02-09-2017, 08:36 AM
I had to double check who posted this. At first I thought Buckrub had came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
02-09-2017, 09:08 AM
It must be a "retired" thing...

(And, good that Larke and I were up early to keep your mind off your pain for a little while.)

quercus alba
02-09-2017, 09:38 AM
sounds like those screwdrivers might have been liquid

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2017, 12:17 PM
My bad luck was entirely self inflicted. And it looks like its time to spend a day or two getting the old girl ready for the rest of they year.

BKB

LJ3
02-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Those days kinda suck when your mojo is just off center and there's no bringing it back. On the upside, you're retired so go F yourself you effin effer!

HideHunter
02-09-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm reminded of a quotation I heard once. Not totally appropriate - but: "It was one of those days when I dropped the ball and, rather than pick it up, I kicked it." ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Any time these misadventures happen, I'm always reminded of the wisdom of McManus.
BKb

http://photos.imageevent.com/wharris19/manuals/theartoftrailering/18501488.pdf