PDA

View Full Version : My days are numbered

LJ3
02-09-2017, 10:40 PM
My 17 year old son has been hitting the gym every day for the last year or so... he's almost as tall as me too.

He's been challenging me to arm wrestle about once a month and I've been able to hold him off.

Tonight... tonight was close! It could have been my last victory.

Old guys rule!

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2017, 10:51 PM
The old guy secret is all in the wrist. Break over their wrist and its cake.

BKB

quercus alba
02-09-2017, 10:55 PM
That ship sailed a long time ago at my house. I won't even try it any more, don't want to take a chance on pulling a muscle in my casting arm

LJ3
02-09-2017, 11:06 PM
The old guy secret is all in the wrist. Break over their wrist and its cake.

BKB

That's the only thing keeping me alive now is wisdom. I break his wrist and let him tire himself out. Once he figures it out I'm done :)

quercus alba
02-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Wrestle him standing up at the corner of the table. Position yourself on the end to where you'll be pulling to the outside edge and he will have to pull toward the center. Gives you a considerable leverage advantage. You can also lean your chest into your forearm. Should give you a couple more years

BarryBobPosthole
02-09-2017, 11:55 PM
We can't have you letting down the team, Len!

BKB

LJ3
02-10-2017, 10:15 AM
well, the thing is I'm already doing EXACTLY what QA is suggestion. Trust me, I understand leverage and mass and how to give myself an advantage. He's really good at math and physics but he hasn't caught on yet. He's focused on toppling the old man without looking at the big picture.

Young'ns. Dufuseses.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2017, 10:19 AM
And you haven't even tried the intimidation trick yet. In the middle of a match, just tell him what you're gonna do to his momma tonight.

BKB

LJ3
02-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Hehehe. While we were locked up i did pull my sleeve up and show my python like arm and said "just giving your mom a treat."