PDA

View Full Version : Not a hunting post.... but something on muh brain (I may be getting old)

Arty
02-10-2017, 07:27 PM
I think it was last Friday, I ate dinner, it was beans, rice, and chicken. I know exactly what I ate because I ran 16 miles Saturday morning and I was carb loading. Shortly thereafter I had a reallllly bad sharp pain under my left rib cage. Chalked it up to gas, walked around the house, didn't help. Finally it subsided. Never did fart or burp (at least substantially).

Been exactly a week later. Every meal I eat, around the 2-3rd bite, same place starts hurting. And while it's not like getting gored by an angry bull, it hurts pretty bad.

I started getting concerned on Wednesday, which is when it finally hit me, "hey idiot, this has happened at every meal, regardless of what you are eating, for 5 days now".

So off to google I go. I either have a bad pancreas, a hernia, a bad spleen, or gas. It ain't gas. I WISH I could rip a big one, cause that's EXACTLY what it feels like.

I don't have a gallbladder, removed 8 years ago. So it ain't gallstones.

Imma give it until Monday, with the hopes that I just pulled my diaphragm somehow and it's sore.
If it ain't better Monday I'm going to the doctor.

Typically last 2 and a half hours after I eat.... then I'm good as new.
That said, I just ate dinner, and I'm hurtin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Sounds like a tender pancreas. You might lay off the high fat shit and cut back sugars for a week and see if it kind of subsides. Your liver can spike your triglycerides from fatty/carby foods and cause your pancreas to overwork itself into a full blown pancreatitis if it gets real bad. If you change your diet and it subsides you need to be checked for triglycerides and diabetes.

That'll be $5000. Pay as you leave.

BKb

Big Muddy
02-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Two words....and, they ain't Sea Foam............."see doctor".

Arty
02-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't eat fatty stuff (as a rule) and no sugar hardly ever. I DO eat the fuck out of carbs, normally to fuel for running.
Last physical was 3/16 and my numbers were very very good.
And I JUST learned that if I lean high and right the pain goes away. So maybe I'll just walk around leaning back and to the right from now on.
Pancreatitis would be severe, right? Like I'd know if I had it? This is just a hair more than "uncomfortable"
What I read, pancreatitis is a bitch and comes with fever vomiting and shitting yourself.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2017, 07:49 PM
I had pancreatitis in 2006 and its the worse pain you will ever experience. Mine was from undiagnosed type 2 diabetes. My blood sugar was over 400 and triglycerides over 1000 when I checked in the hospital. I didn't think I ate too awfully bad either.

It may not be that. I'm just telling you what happened to me. The after dinner part sound endocrine related to me though. But I ain't a doctor. Go see one.

BkB

Arty
02-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Yeah I think I will. I ain't screaming in pain but it certainly ain't comfortable. And it typically ends up shooting all the up to my left shoulder before it subsides

airbud7
02-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Growing pains/ No good food in your veins....Grease lubes ligiments that you use a lot/ imagine a backhoe with no grease fitting.

You need Grease Bro!

http://epicfoodsatl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Double_Decker_Bacon_Cheese_Burger_Food_Styling_www .epicfoodsatl.com_.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Do not pass go do not collect two hundred dollars. Go tomorrow.

BKb

Captain
02-10-2017, 09:19 PM
I agree with Posty.

LJ3
02-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Sounds like it's a pretty simple diagnosis dufus. Buy a larger size spandex panty.

Arty
02-11-2017, 05:48 PM
So.... I dissolved 4 strips of gasx on my tongue first thing this morning
At lunch, 2 more. Then ate lunch.

While not 100% gone.... it's 98% gone.
Could I really be so full of farts I couldn't eat?

Gonna test it again this evening at dinner.

Arty
02-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Oh and LJ - you can take a flyin' leap at muh sack.

Big Muddy
02-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Hey, bro., you been to the doc, yet ???

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2017, 03:24 PM
I've never had a fart that backed up all the way to make my shoulder hurt.

If those symptoms are real you need to have somebody check it out.

BKb

Arty
02-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Going Thursday 1pm. The gas-ex stuff seems to help but there is still something not right

Chicken Dinner
02-13-2017, 10:30 PM
My blessed Grandmother would have said you've got a fart crossed.