PDA

View Full Version : Going for two...

Bwana
01-04-2013, 05:52 PM
...national championships that is.

Saturday at noon my alma mater, North Dakota State University is playing Sam Houston State in Frisco, TX for the NCAA Division I championship. This game is a repeat of last year's game and I am hoping the results are the same as well.

Go Bison!

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Watched it last year. Might not this year with a rugrat around, and packing to take him home Sunday, but I'll try.

I graduated from one of those, too.......University of Central Arkansas. Wannabe bigs, but not. They play good football, enjoyable to watch.

Bwana
01-04-2013, 06:04 PM
????

Sorry but not following you Bucky.

Buckrub
01-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Um.........I also graduated from a Division II school that plays sports.......and plays them like they want to be a BIG Div I school. You said Division I in your post, but it's really now called the "FCS Series", or Div IA. It used to be Division I and Division II, and N. Dakota State and UCA and Sam Houston and those guys were Division II, but they simply renamed the nomenclature.

That's how I remember it happening.

The Division I championship is Monday night. Division III is non-scholarship, and they have had theirs. This is IA, or II, or FCS, or whatever the heck they are calling it.

I might be off base some on my numbers.....but it's still a notch below true Div I, like Alabama and Notre Dame Monday night.

Bwana
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking you are correct Bucky.

Thought that might be where you were going but wasn't sure.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2013, 08:30 PM
I will watch them Bwana and I'll be rooting for the Bisons! Go Thundar the Wondar Bison!

BKB

Bwana
01-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Thundar rolls!!!

The Bison are now 2 for 2 in Frisco, Tx.!!!!!