PDA

View Full Version : We lost a great lady

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Bassdog's Mom, Jean Kasper died last night. I think she was 92. She was a good friend of mine and sent me cards when I was sick, or for birthdays and such and I loved sitting and talking to her. She was a Rosie the Riveter right here at MacDonald Douglass in Tulsa during WWII. Moved here with a girlfriend and lived in a shabby apartment with a couple of others and did her part. She bowled in a league and golfed in a league every week well into her 80s. The last time I saw her in person she called me when she was in town for a national bowling tournament. I took her and her friends out for dinner (at Applebees of course where she had a coupon to save me a couple of bucks). The other gals were a lot younger but she was the livliest.
To sit at her breakfast table and eat her eggs with the pepper cooked in, and drink coffee with her husband Dale and her was a delight. I know her family is gonna miss her. I sure as hell already do.
RIp Jean! I'll bet there will be hot dish at the catholic meeting hall next week after your service!

BKB

LJ3
02-11-2017, 04:47 PM
She's sounds like the kind of folk I could talk to for hours. That's a good long life and sounds like she lived it well!

Captain
02-11-2017, 05:18 PM
We loose SO much when someone like that passes on.
Sorry for the loss.

Chicken Dinner
02-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Peace, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
02-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Sad news. Sorry to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
02-11-2017, 07:03 PM
My sympathies, as well, Barry....I don't know what it is about this time of year, but folks seem to drop like flies around here....just walked in the door from one funeral, and already buried two others, recently....and, two of my church ladies are on their death beds, so I'll be attending them, as well....like Josie said to Ten Bears, "Dying is easy, it's living that's hard."

Bwana
02-15-2017, 07:18 PM
My condolences Posthole, she sound like a blast.

Big Muddy
02-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Dang, this dying stuff just keeps going around....buried one of my church ladies, yesterday....and, the other one is still on her death bed.