PDA

View Full Version : Captain

Booger
02-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Verizon offering unlimited data again. Just switched all 4 of our phones. May be what u have been waiting on....

Thumper
02-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Yep, I checked into it this morning, but since I have wi-fi in the house and Lynn has it at work, we really don't use much data. (2-iPhones and an iPad) We only have 4GB now, but have never gone over that even when traveling. To switch to the unlimited plan would amount to an extra $75/mo. for us. I talked to a Verizon tech this morning and he said the response has been so overwhelming, plus the fact they're battling the competition, the unlimited data plan will probably be a permanent option.

Captain
02-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Yea, we have always had unlimited. They tried to "make" us drop that plan years ago but we held on.
That's the reason we always buy our phones outright.
It would not hurt to check into it and see if the new plans are more cost effective however.

Thumper
02-13-2017, 06:49 PM
I read where they're offering new iPhones for free if you trade your old one in and sign up for the unlimited plan. Maybe you could pull a couple old one's out of that drawer! Didn't Cheryl already get an iPhone 7? Or did both of you get one?

airbud7
02-13-2017, 06:52 PM
free iphone?...lol

Captain
02-13-2017, 07:42 PM
We bought 2 iPhone 7 plus in December. We are all set.

Arty
02-13-2017, 09:36 PM
We bought 2 iPhone 7 plus in December. We are all set.

What do you think about the size? It ain't a "shirt pocket" phone for sure. But I did love the screen size of the 6 plus (same size as 7 plus)
I got a regular 7 in January. I like it.

Captain
02-13-2017, 09:50 PM
I like the 7plus. And actually I keep it in my shirt pocket.

Thumper
02-13-2017, 09:51 PM
We had the 6-Plus and loved 'em, then traded up to the 7-Plus. I don't think I could ever go back to a smaller phone.

I carry mine in my pants pocket ... phone on one side, keys and change on the other.

Arty
02-13-2017, 09:57 PM
It fits in a shirt pocket? Well I'll be. Wouldn't have guessed that.
And thump- when you said you keep that in your pants pocket, I was almost afraid to read what you keep in the other!

Thumper
02-13-2017, 10:01 PM
Depends on the pants ... some have the bottom of the pocket cut off so I can play pocket-pool. ;)

airbud7
02-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Depends on the pants ... some have the bottom of the pocket cut off so I can play pocket-pool. ;)

hahahaha/ I love playing pocket-pool in public just to see who looks down...:D

Thumper
02-14-2017, 07:44 AM
FWIW, I VERY seldom put my phone in my shirt pocket ... ever since Lynn had hers in her shirt pocket and leaned forward to flush the toilet. I'll give you one guess as to where the phone ended up. I might add, the one before that ended up in the cat's water bowl when she bent over to refill it. Needless to say, her phone NEVER goes into a shirt pocket these days.:(

My estate sale buddy always carries his in his shirt pocket. I couldn't tell you how many times that thing has hit the ground as he gets out of my truck. The last one finally broke ... he STILL drops his new one!

What bugs the crap out of me is that 99% of the wimmins I see (usually younger ones) keep theirs in their back, pants pocket. Every time I see them sit down, I wonder if the screen cracked.