PDA

View Full Version : Dear Lord.... Please help my daughter...

LJ3
01-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Knock .25 seconds off her 50 free time so I may live in peace until next year and we'll have more than one event to swim at the Virginina State Championships. Please and thank you.

Len

Buckrub
01-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Then she'll just want another .10 knocked off. And a new I-Pad. And shoes.

LW
01-05-2013, 03:06 PM
It almost sounds funny praying for .25 seconds. Sports are funny. My son participated in a baseball catchers school last weekend. While they were testing their pop times, my 13 year old beat everyone and the coaches were making a big deal about it. The 2nd fastest was .07 seconds behind him. Maybe that kid deserved a little attention too. Of course that boy will likely sign with the Razorbacks next year and my kid will be playing junior high baseball.

LJ3
01-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Welp... her goggles busted mid-race and screwed her up. barley missed it. In other news, she swam another medley relay leg and qualified for that in states. So we're going for at least two events this year.

Bwana
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Congrats to her Len.

My son is finding that he is going to have to work his tail off to make it to state this year as the team went from 19 boys to 35 boys. Apparently the possibility of winning the state championship has made more boys decide swimming is a pretty good thing to be a part of and so far the 2 a day practices haven't scared them off.