PDA

View Full Version : First Baseball Smack Thread 2017

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Almost time to play some hard ball.

So.....Which Bryce Harper is going to show up? He gets more expensive as the years wear on.

The Cards lost an important starter out of their rotation. Alex Reyes to Tommy John surgery. Defense better improve or its gonna be a long season.

I hate the Cubs.

Carry on.

BKB

Thumper
02-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Arrrrrggggghhhh! From football to baseball! :banghead

You DO know the Daytona 500 is next week ... correct? :thack

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Ha! The local scuttle butt is that Harper had an "undisclosed" injury last year and didn't even tell the team. Not bad enough to keep him off the field, but something, if known, could impact the value of his next deal. More and more it looks like he'll be a Yankee in a couple of years. I still love the kid, but I really do think they should let him go if the kind of money they're talking about turns out to be true. To me, the Cardinals made the right decision on Pujols and that's just too much money for too long a time to give one player.

The Nats still need a closer and everybody is picking the Mets again in the East. We saw how that turned out last year. (And, the year before when everybody was picking the Nats.)

P.S. What kind of assbackwards sport has their "super bowl" the first week of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
02-19-2017, 11:01 AM
One that has to constantly come up with gimmicks to make it more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Shots fired!

Thumper
02-19-2017, 01:46 PM
You guys sound just like the "snow flake" democraps! ;)

quercus alba
02-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Arrrrrggggghhhh! From baseball to nastycar!!!

What's next women's soccer?

Thumper
02-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Haters! :moon

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2017, 03:01 PM
beech beech beech