PDA

View Full Version : Freight Sewing Machine from Hialea, FL to Charlotte, nc.

Nandy
02-21-2017, 07:32 PM
There is an used machine I want to buy, price is great but it located in Hialeah fl, and I am in Charlotte, nc. I just want to ship the head.
The stats for the head are:
100 lbs
Dimensions 19l x 8w x 18h all inches.

Not sure it has to be crated, I have never done one like this and neither does the seller.

Rather that just do a google for freight companies I rather first ask here to see if someone with experience with this can lead me in the right path. The few search I have found were really expensive and I continuously see sellers quoting freight under $200 for these machines with the same dimensions...

Thanks!

Arty
02-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Google LTL shippers. They are based in Florida (I think)
LTL means less than truck load.
You pay/split fees with other people gettin' stuff shipped that's too big to mail

Arty
02-21-2017, 09:20 PM
I googled. Not based in Florida (friend that is a driver told me that).
And appears a lot of places do it

Nandy
02-21-2017, 10:36 PM
I will look into that.

BarryBobPosthole
02-21-2017, 10:48 PM
Call those guys that drive the yellow vans with the Peske logo rubbed out. They're gonna drive it anyway, may as well help a guy out.

BKB

Nandy
02-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Lol!

HunterEd
02-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Look up FedEx shipping and do a quick calculation. FedEx drop off has framed shipping boxes. I've never used one as most of mine stuff goes in cardboard containers.

Nandy
02-26-2017, 11:40 PM
The cheaper quotes are from yrc and fedex. With yrc is about is around $130 and I can ship 2 machines for the same price. Fedex is about 10 cheaper but can only ship one. I might end up getting 2 so that might be the deciding factor, waiting on the seller now...

Thanks everyone, still not set so if anyone thinks of a different place let me know...