PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas

Buckrub
01-05-2013, 08:37 PM
A lot of times I get a bit upset at the stigma that Arkansas has. I don't know where it came from, and I am convinced it is generally invalid. I've been to Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, and I don't understand how Arkansas is singled out. Heck, West Virginia (and even parts of Ohio and PA) are way more hick-ville.

But if it keeps tourists out, I live with it!!

Then, I run across a post like this one, on an Arkansas hunting site that I frequent:

Pygmy Goats

I've had a single one before but never 2 at a time. I got my wife a pair of 3 month old siblings for Christmas (sweet I know) but I can't seem to get them to get used to us and want to follow us around, much less come when we call them. I've tried to let them roam but they keep hitting the woods and we have to round them up. We're putting harnesses on them tomorrow and will stake them out but how do I get them to act like a dog like my other one did? I'd turn him out in the morning and put him in the pen at night. Man he thought he was a dog and just hang around the house.

I also plan on tethering the goats to my dog (mastiff/lab mix) so they'll get to roam some and they'll all get used to each other. I've tried to separate them and have one on one time but all they want is to be back together. I'm not much if a goat whisperer so advice is needed.

And then............I just shake my head and accept my fate.

BarryBobPosthole
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't either. They invented the toothbrush. Otherwise it'd be called a teethbrush.
BKB

Big Muddy
01-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Now, what the h3ll is wrong with owning pygmy goats, and wanting them to stay in the yard with the dog....heck, we used to own three llamas that lived on the back patio....and, a miniature donkey that chased off coyotes, but loved dogs....and, five emus that would stick their heads in the kitchen window, and steal bread off the kitchen counter. ;)

Shame on you, Bucky, for being embarrassed to be an Arkie!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 08:52 AM
We had a small earthquake last year. The part that made the news was some lady said she thought it was the mule rubbing itself up against the trailer.

Lighten up.

BKB

hotshot
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Uh, that dog will eat those goats- or just kill them.... Its a genetics thing... at least that's what I hear. Indiana has become more and more of a hick state. Just look at what our state legistlature keeps doing...

HideHunter
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
not us - we gots gay marriage.

Big Muddy
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
not us - we gots gay marriage.

Hahahaha....we gots folks that will MARRY a goat!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 01:23 PM

LJ3
01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
BAM! now THAT, is funny

Tightline
01-09-2013, 07:58 PM
And here in good ole Ga we offer up to the rest of the world none other than Honey Booboo. How the hell did this get on tv. I watched about 10 minuites of it. Thats it! Thanks for the fix Mr Niner!;)

Buckrub
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
I love u guys.