PDA

View Full Version : A Public Service Announcement

Captain
03-14-2017, 07:47 AM
If you find yourself at your local dealership to have a recall/safety check don't mention you need a set of windshield wipers....
$44.00 bucks....... EACH
That's right 88 dollars for a set of wipers!
That is all, I now return you to your regular schedule posting.

LJ3
03-14-2017, 08:12 AM
Don't those fuckers know who you are?

Captain
03-14-2017, 08:18 AM
They do now! They refer to me as the dumbass that bought a set of 10 dollar wiper blades for 88 bucks.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2017, 08:32 AM
If it were me, I'd get them to install them and make them pay for them too.

BKB

Thumper
03-14-2017, 08:39 AM
What'd you do? Give them Carte Blanche? Dealers usually have 2-3 grades of wiper blades of various prices. If you just went in and said, "Hey, while you're at it, throw me a set of wiper blades on that thing", guess which ones you'll get? ;)

Remember also, there's a huge difference between "wiper blades" and "wiper inserts". If you tell them to replace the "wiper blades" ... hold on to your wallet!

'Course, many of the cars these days you have no choice and every year they change the dang design slightly to keep them proprietary for a few years. Buy 'em at the dealership, or drive with crappy wipers.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2017, 08:51 AM
The very first winter I had my old Chevy, 2000 it had to be, I went out one day and hopped in the truck and there was about a half inch of ice on my windshield. So I got impatient and tried the wipers and the passenger side wiper broke loose. The driver's side stayed stuck and the damn spindle turned that the wipers sit on. So I wait and wait and when my windshield is almost totally defrosted I turned them on again, the drivers side moved about six inches, got fouled with the passenger side one and totally friggin mangled both wipers. So when I replaced them, I of course torqued the damn wiper on the driver's side down but it was forever compromised. That shit happened about three other times in the frouteen years I owned that truck and always at the most inopportune times. To replace the rod the wiper sits on would have been major. Bad design I think. So I got in the habit of tightening it up once in a while when I washed the truck. Even carried a wrench in the console to do it.

So there's a Thump story for ya. It still makes me aggravated to think of that fucking wiper. Thanks for beinging it up!

BKb

Big Muddy
03-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Heck, Cap, why didn't you tell me???....I'd send you some of these MS wipers....these are only $78, installed....and, go great with baloney and mayo, after you use 'em a couple of times. ;)

HunterEd
03-14-2017, 10:11 AM
I put wipers on my pick-up and the wife's Atima last fall. $108.00 from Auto-Zone for 2 pairs and a jug of bug juice. I know the best price I've seen for the truck is around $18.00 a side.

LJ3
03-14-2017, 10:14 AM
That's what I do every fall, HE.

airbud7
03-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Heck, Cap, why didn't you tell me???....I'd send you some of these MS wipers....these are only $78, installed....and, go great with baloney and mayo, after you use 'em a couple of times. ;)

hahahaha...funny sheet right there^