PDA

View Full Version : St. John, USVI

Bwana
03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Anybody ever been there? Some friends of our love it there and have invited us along. Not my ideal trip but guess I will bow to the Missus on this one.

Is there any opportunity for adventure of any kind? What about fishing? Good places to eat?

BarryBobPosthole
03-17-2017, 04:39 PM
We spent two weeks there and loved it. You staying in a resort or a house? You will need to rent a car to see the best parts of the island. Let me think about it and I'll make a recommendation or two. A boat charter to the BVI is a must.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Here's a couple of suggestions.

Trunk Bay is the most scenic beach on St John. You'll see it on about any post card of the place. The place is so pretty. But there are beaches scattered all up that stretch of road. If you rent a car you can stop at a grocery and pack a cooler and spend a day just beach bumming up and down that coast. We saw lots of turtles snorkeling right off the beaches. Get a snorkel, mask, and fins and don't buy a cheap set. Scuba Toys would be my recommendation.

Charter a boat for a day and head to the BVI. If you go all the way out there and don't go to the Soggy Dollar Bar and drink some Painkillers (invented there) you may as well go home.
the charters cantake you to some very cool places on islands or boats for lunch and can ake you to some islands where the snorkeling and swimming are excellent. just tell them what you want to so, you're paying for it. And hint: our captain was about a 28 year old gal in a bikini that was barely there. Take good sunglasses. I'll see if remember what outfitter she worked for.

Tapas is a spanish restaurant and was probably our favorite. The main drag on st john is very small but there are some awesome eats there.

BkB

Arty
03-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Trunk Bay for sure. You'll probably see some wild ass (the 4 legged donkey variety) walking around as you tour the island.
Morgans Mango is an excellent seafood place there. And tap room brewery is an open air bar type brewery that serves a ton of different suds.
That's about all I remember about St John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
03-20-2017, 03:14 PM
The people we are going with have been there 3 times already, if I remember correctly, so we will be staying in a little villa that they have rented in the past. She enjoys snorkeling so we will definitely be doing lots of that and the other plus is that they are foodies, so food and drink are definitely on the list as well so keep the suggestions coming.

What about fishing, is that a possibility? Don't want to spend an arm and a leg but it would be cool to catch something either big or toothy or both.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2017, 03:35 PM
I checked into fishing charters there but they were pretty spendy. We decided to spend our boat money on charters that we could all go on and do different stuff.
This was our boat captain for all the charters we did when we were there. You can get the name of the charter off the boat. The scenery was pretty awesome where er she took us ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo.

BKB8703

Thumper
03-20-2017, 06:10 PM
So .... if one should lose their virginity ... are they required to leave the islands? ;)