PDA

View Full Version : This is on my bucket list!

Thumper
03-18-2017, 09:20 AM
My buddy and his wife are in Cuba this week. I told him before they left that I'd be living vicariously through him while he's there, so he sent me a pic last night to rub it in a little. I don't know if he rented this car or if he and his wife just sat in it for the pic, but it appears to be in the traffic lane, so I guess I'll find out when they get back home. At any rate, I'm sure he didn't rent that fat ol' Cuban ceegar he's smokin'!

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2017, 10:11 AM
I want to go bass fishing and diving in Cuba. At least as soon as the lunatics that are in power in the US are gone anyway.

BKB

Egghead
03-18-2017, 10:31 AM
I want to go bass fishing and diving in Cuba.BKB

Definitely on the list!

Thumper
03-18-2017, 01:51 PM
I want to go bass fishing and diving in Cuba. At least as soon as the lunatics that are in power in the US are gone anyway. BKB

What do those Loony-Toons have to do with it?

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2017, 02:43 PM
What do those Loony-Toons have to do with it?

Because Orange Julius is pretty much reverting to the old relationship with Cuba and it'll be harder for Americans to go there once again.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2017, 02:45 PM
And there, Airbud, I fixed it for ya.

BKB

DeputyDog
03-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Maybe you should go before things change. Or are you really afraid he won't let you back in the country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
03-18-2017, 03:30 PM
I see where Norwegian Cruise Lines is starting cruises to Cuba in May with an overnight in Havana.

airbud7
03-18-2017, 03:50 PM
And there, Airbud, I fixed it for ya.

BKB

why did you delete my post?...Because you could?

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Maybe you should go before things change. Or are you really afraid he won't let you back in the country?

That could be truer than you think! I'd just as soon we normalize our shit with them and let competition drive the price of flights there from Miami. It'd be cheap as hell. And Fidel and Raul ain't no worse than Vladimir or the Saudis and we seem to consider them good people these days. We being Amurica.

BKb

johnboy
03-18-2017, 04:17 PM
We spent a couple of weeks in Cuba back a buncha years and really enjoyed it. One suggestion - book only 4 or 5 star hotels. Anything less can be a bit disappointing.

Thumper
03-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Yep, my buddy and his wife flew down, but I've been checking into cruises for the past few months. Quite a few of the lines head out of Florida ... Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian, Fathom, Oceania, Azamara and Regent that I have listed.

I've been close buds with the dude pictured above since he was a kid in grade school. He's now a partner in a law firm in Tampa. The good part is, anytime I need legal advice, it's free (if not from him directly, he'll turn me over to someone in the firm who specializes in whatever I need help with). I was not only at his wedding, but he also has a Christmas party at his house every year and (lucky me), I always get to play Santa. (so he owes me BIG TIME!) ;)

Anyway, we'll be hooking up once they return and I plan on getting all the skinny from him ... and maybe a list of do's & don't's.