PDA

View Full Version : The worst part of getting old

quercus alba
03-23-2017, 01:05 PM
not the aches and pains, nor the loss of hair and teeth. It's not giving up lifelong pleasures that you simply can't do any more, it's saying goodbye to old friends, family and favorite dogs. Last Saturday I conducted my BIL's funeral. This Saturday it's an uncle.

You guys take care of yourselves, I'm sick of saying goodbye

I really really need to go fishing

LJ3
03-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Dang, sorry to hear that QA. We could probably all benefit from slowing the hell down and appreciating what's right in front of us. You only get one trip around the marble.

Unless you're Hindu but their rules get pretty complicated.

Captain
03-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Sorry to had this QA

Chicken Dinner
03-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Wishing you Peace, QA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-23-2017, 01:33 PM
I remember when I was a young kid and noticed the first section my grandmother opened the morning paper to was the obituaries. I asked her why she always reads them first and she said, "I just want to see if I've lost any of my friends." At the time, I thought that was kind'a goofy ... the problem now that I'm older is, I can totally relate.

Sorry for your loss Q/A.

Hombre
03-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Very true QA. Sorry for your loss.

quercus alba
03-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Appreciate it guys. I'd like to just one time get us all together before we lose anyone else. that includes Bucky. We never know what we have until it's gone

Sorry, didn't mean to be so morbid. You're all okay for a bunch of deplorable old heathens

LJ3
03-23-2017, 02:29 PM
It's all good, QA. Life has a way of making us look up once in a while to see what's important. Sadly, it's easy to lose sight of.