PDA

View Full Version : hasn't happened since 1990

hotshot
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
When I moved to Angola IN in 1990, I learned about deer hunting as a culture. Was hooked pretty much instantly. That first year, I froze and shot nothing.
The following year: 1991, I shot my first deer. Every year since I have shot atleast 1 deer. Some times, the deer was not very big, but I got one. This year- nada, zip, zilch! I had a couple chances, but passed.
Once waiting on Luke to get a shot, once it was not legal shooting light, and the third chance: I was not sure if the doe was a doe or just a big button buck: it was walking with a very small yearling. Spent winter break trying to get a shot..... saw a few, but not in shooting range.
Guess Luke's button buck will have to stretch us for a while.
I did see 2 nice bucks still alive for next year!
Only had 1 stand stolen this year, and no footprints from the boys next door tramping to my stands like in years past.

Big Muddy
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Hot, those "boys next door" would get their azzes whipped, if they tried to pull that sheeit, down here....prolly worse, if they got caught stealing a deer stand.

hotshot
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
CAn't prove it was them- just a hunch, (usually correct)..... I call them kids, but they are mid to late 20's. You guys know the type: "Sneaky"- or at least think they are, but don't fool anyone. Always have an excuse.....
Didn't trust or like them as students, like 'em even less as adults.

Bwana
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
You make it sound like a good year if only 1 stand is stolen...that right there would PISS me off. Sorry you have to deal with that sort of crap if you want to hunt. I say build a tiger pit under your stand next year so as to detour the a-holes.

hotshot
01-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I admit that I was hot about the stand being stolen. I noticed it over a month ago so I'm over it. Wasn't a fancy one. Heck coulda been my own wayward son. I will talk to the land owner this next weekend when I get him a load of wood and some deer meat.