PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this just lovely???.....

Big Muddy
01-07-2013, 02:14 AM
HJ 15 IH

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 15

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 4, 2013

Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

Sunshine
01-07-2013, 03:02 AM
I'm not saying nothing. Already said my piece.
Hope you're getting ready cause its gunna hit the fan.

Niner
01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
Does that mean that GWB can be POTUS again?

Big Muddy
01-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Does that mean that GWB can be POTUS again?

Yep, and Jimmy Carter, too. ;)

hotshot
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I have a feeling that the required 2/3 of the states would not be met concerning a new amendment. While the actual fact that it is presented is disturbing, I think that one will die in committee.

DeputyDog
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Wasn't this same thing brought up when Reagan was president? I seriously doubt it would pass either.

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
From what I've read about it, it's been brought up by some crackpot representative from New York every congress since 1997 and has never been brought to a vote a single time. And it was brought up during both Republican and Democrat administrations and congressional majorities. This looks like more of the same from the same idiot congressman.

BKB

DeputyDog
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
He might as well since there isn't any more pressing business for Congress to handle...

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
amen to that.

BKB

hotshot
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Kinda like the state senator nut case we have to the south of us: Every year he wants to make it a law to teach Creationism is schools. His newest cause is creating a law that would require the Lord's Prayer to be recited every day at the beginning of school. He states this is because of the war on religion within our state.... Seriously?
Personally, I have no problem reciting the Lord's Prayer... making it a law defeats the purpose.