PDA

View Full Version : Trip report.....fins and feathers....

Big Muddy
04-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Cap and I have texted back and forth about our turkey hunting exploits, today, so I'll do a short trip report for you deplorables;) ....I saw at least 6 gobblers, today, and right before dark, 2 big mofos came outta the woods with 2 hens, headed to roost....I knew they were at the range limit for my Rem. 12 ga. at about 50-60 yds., but my azz was sore from sitting on a stool all day, so I decided to try a shot at the biggest one, with the dragging beard.

The hens were much closer to me, and just as I eased up my gun, both hens busted me, then the toms took off, too, and were quartering away from me....just as they hit full stride, I just couldn't help myself....the Rem. bellowed, but no ceegar for me, today....however, except for not bringing home the meat, it was a gloriously beautiful day, and I had a blast being in the turkey woods, today.

All was not lost, however....the landowner has a very deep stocked pond on his cattle ranch, so at noon I broke out the crappie pole, rolled up my britches legs, and waded the shallows....the crappie are in spawning mode in about a foot of water, so all I can say is, I wore out their azzes(I quit counting 'em)....I filleted about 15 of the biggest ones for the landowner, who was all smiles about that.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2017, 11:01 PM
About as much fun as a guy can have with his clothes on!

BKB

Captain
04-05-2017, 05:56 AM
That's a good day in anybody's book. Congrats.
You just educated that tom a little. It will make it alll that much better when you finally bust his butt!

Chicken Dinner
04-05-2017, 08:05 AM
You guys are killing me! To quote one of my favorite red-headed sh!t disturbers, I'm about to fish in my pants. Oh well, the shad should be in thick and I hope to have a chance to stretch some line the end of next week.

Thumper
04-05-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm about to fish in my pants.

You won't find a keeper in there ... maybe a minnow. ;)

Captain
04-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Damn....

Big Muddy
04-05-2017, 09:03 AM
^^^^^Double Day'um^^^^^ !!!!! ;)

Big Muddy
04-05-2017, 09:05 AM
You just educated that tom a little. It will make it alll that much better when you finally bust his butt!

Does that mean he'll give up his corn diet??? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2017, 09:22 AM
The Pumphead has been at the top of his game lately!

BKb

HideHunter
04-05-2017, 09:43 AM
xellent.. Buddy and I have been hunting one day of each season for 25 years. We usually hunt in the morning.. go catch a couple catfish, fry them.. then hunt the rest of the day. Occasionally we find a few morels to go with the cats. Sometimes it's the only day we see each other all year.