PDA

View Full Version : Come ON people!!!

LJ3
04-06-2017, 01:05 PM
I can't keep this place alive with meme contests!

Jimmy! What's the status with your buddy that lost his shit and wound up in the jimmy?

DD! Did you get any hooker business cards in Vegas?

BS! Nice fish

Cap'n! Can you stop fishing long enough to make a post in the fishing forum nobody reads?

Gene! You magnificent bastard. Keep doing you.

Cheri! Is your road still there?

BBP! Get you head out of the bong and give a report on the new guitar for your grandboy!

RT! How sore were you after your marathon?

Hank! Did you get to fish the trout you stocked yet?

JB! Where you at, yo?

Eddie! Trip report on how difficult it is to educate farmers, please.

BarryBobPosthole
04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
And QA, what you smiling about? That makes me suspicious.

BKB

Sunshine
04-06-2017, 02:34 PM
As of last week, when our neighbors went in and checked, we still have a road.

Have to do some fixing around the culvert opening, but I should be able to get in there.

I'm making a trip, soon, but not saying when.
Strange people on the web and don't like anyone knowing when I'm not home, even though I have good neighbors that watch the house like a hawk!

Eventually I'll be over there for a couple weeks, while DNR comes in to limb up the branches and thin five acres of trees around the 5th wheel.
Next year we will do ten acreas, until everything is done and safer from a fire hazard.

Got a guy coming to the house soon, to drop seven alder trees that are leaning toward the house.
With so much rain, the soil is soaked and trees are just falling over.
That will be interesting to see if he can get them down without hitting the house.

Neighbor behind the garage, dropped all the 60-70 foot tall trees.
Going to build a house behind the garage. Seem to be nice new neighbors.

Dogs are doing great. Practicing for Nationals!!

I will be 60 yrs old, on Sunday!!
Fifty just about killed me, so we shall see what sixty does!!

Bwana
04-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Legislative sessions are enough to drive a person CRAZY but hope to get out after turkeys come Saturday morning in an attempt to gain some peace of mind.

Big Muddy
04-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Since you axed, I'm working with both MS and Arkie farmers....I'll hafta say the MS boys are smarter, but the Arkie boys are friendlier....I'm hoping they'll send me to Loozana, where I can fill up on crawfish, boudin, and gumbo. ;)

Big Skyz
04-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Stayed tuned for hopefully a lot more fish pics between Friday and Tuesday. Just need a little cooperation from Mother Nature (who seems to have a tude right now) and the fishing gods.

Thumper
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
My buddy is fubar! He was told it will probably be about 3 years before his case goes to trial. Dang! And with a $250,000 bond, he sure ain't gots the cash for bail (I assume he could bail out, not really sure). I guess that ol' 6th Amendment "Speedy Trial Clause" doesn't always apply. (I'm not really certain how that works) It sounds like he's screwed. He did pull a good one though. I told ya' how he's crippled up, but he can still get around on his own. When he was booked into jail, he told them he can't walk without crutches (he has a set, but I've never known him to use them). Anyway, since crutches could be used as a weapon, he's in solitary confinement. That sure sucks on one hand, but considering he's ex-LEO, it's probably a good thing!

quercus alba
04-06-2017, 04:01 PM
And QA, what you smiling about? That makes me suspicious.

BKB

To be perfectly honest, I've been working on a lawnmower. Now I Need to do a little penance for some of the unkind things i said about the designer of the aforementioned lawn mower

Chicken Dinner
04-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Nope. I missed our fish weekend for my Mrs. 50th birthday. Hopefully, I'm going to get to do some shad fishing the end of next week and maybe chase some of those stocked trout t end of themonth.

HideHunter
04-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Most are on FB now so you've seen this - but, here's being "me" ;) :

Throw Back Thursday

Dateline: April 1994. First issue of the Southeast Iowa Magazine hits the news stands..

The concept was born first across the bar at Murray’s White Elephant and cemented on a rained-out bass fishing trip. Feelers were sent out and it soon became aware we would have no problem putting together content or advertisers.

We soon lined up writers including Ron Carter who had the newspaper column “In Our Own Backyard” in Fairfield. Johnnie Crain: outdoor editor of the Muscatine Journal and host of Johnnie Crain Outdoors Radio. Jim Rudisill: Executive Director of the LCCB, and a prolific writer in a number of newspapers. Dick Peterson: by far our most experience writer with published articles in over 75 publications to that time. Cathy Phillips: did the original artwork, including the calendar picture. And, myself; I was writing a column called Misfires and Backlashes that started, almost accidentally, in the Wapello Republican and ended up in a number of newspapers around the state.

The first issue was born right where this picture was taken; on our living room floor. It was “cut and pasted” by my wife, Teresa - when that meant with scissors and glue.

The magazine soon took on a life of its own and soon SE Iowa Outdoors Radio Magazine was born out of Mt. Pleasant. Within a couple years operations were moved to the Hawkeye in Burlington and SE Iowa Outdoors became Big River Outdoors. The radio show moved to Burlington also, where we were lucky to take on Shawn Sullivan – who made the ramblings of a couple hunter/fishermen actually sound like a professional radio show. I don’t know how many shows we did - but I remember celebrating our 1000th.

The rest is pretty much history. We got to do, for a living, what we enjoyed as hobbies; traveled all over the Midwest and rubbed elbows with many of the outdoor celebrities of the time. I did some freelance work for a few years, mostly before digital photography and Google would have made my life considerably easier.

Sorry so long (I was accused by editors of being “wordy” ;) ) but I’m often asked what I did for a living the past 30 years. My answer is, “Well, I didn’t do much and then I retired from that.”

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2819/33727861362_9066d1af88_z.jpg

Captain
04-07-2017, 05:54 AM
Now that's pretty cool HH!
I bet you had some great hunting and fishing opportunities come your way!

quercus alba
04-07-2017, 12:08 PM
This place is deader than the batteries in Thumps vibrating mail order sex toys

airbud7
04-07-2017, 03:14 PM
I can't keep this place alive with meme contests!

So.....> What you been up too?....you can't handle a meme contest?... Fucktard

:D