PDA

View Full Version : Whatchoo listening to?

BarryBobPosthole
04-06-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm working outside listening to Marty sing about Felina and Rosie's cantina.
BKB

Sunshine
04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Christian music 105.3! :)

Big Skyz
04-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Mark Chesnutt, I'll Think of Something.

Thumper
04-06-2017, 02:54 PM
I just tuned my radio to 105.3 and it ain't there! :huh

I'm running through my rotation of slow blues. I'm slammed with ebay work today and have it playing in the background. Problem is, when this particular set comes up, I can't take my eyes off the dang video, especially when that hot vixen is featured ... I'd drink her bath water if she told me to! ;)

The music is great, the video is killer!!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hL52l5fFuyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sunshine
04-06-2017, 03:14 PM
WOW!!!!Did that first song bring back some memories!!!
I've never seen that video and its really nice!
Thanks for sharing!

Thumper
04-06-2017, 03:51 PM
I've prolly watched that video a hunnert times and can't get enough of it. The videography is incredible and I become mesmerized every time I see it. That gal is unbelievable ... from cliff diving to handling snakes, bears, big cats and she even lays of a crocodile's back. I think I'm in love! ;)

LJ3
04-06-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm still in a Pink Floyd place lately. I tend to dive in to a band or artist and stay there for a while. Seems to be directly related to current mood and what's going on in my head.

quercus alba
04-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Ever since St Paddy day my Irish bloods been stirred up. Been listening to some Irish folk songs

BarryBobPosthole
04-06-2017, 04:27 PM
I just listened to Meddle the other day. It was good.

BKB

Sunshine
04-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Send a link to some Irish stuff Q!
I've got Irish in my bloodline too!!
Love the music.

Barry, what ever came of your search for your ancestry?
I'm thinking about getting that done.
Where you happy with the outcome, to what it costs?

quercus alba
04-06-2017, 05:32 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7pTNDyGVH4

Big Skyz
04-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Jimmy that video! WOW!!!!!! The artistic camera work in that is absolutely stunning. I only got to watch about half of the video because I have to take off, but I can't wait to watch the rest. Kudos to those running and directing the camera work, and to the models for making things look believable. It was literally artwork in motion. I could watch camera work like that all day, everyday!

Sunshine
04-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Thanks Q!
I love listening to bagpipes and violin's!

And those Irish Dancers...man can these dance!
https://youtu.be/HgGAzBDE454

I guess I like all kinds of music except that head banging crap and rap.

Thumper
04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Yeah Sky, I've had that saved for a couple of years now and pull it up regularly. The problem is, I like to listen to relaxing music while I work, but with this particular video, I can't just listen ... I HAVE to watch. I never get tired of it, but it's hard to get any work done while it's on. :(

Glad you like it ... well, what's not to like? ;)

I keep planning to someday, try to count how many different animals they work with.

airbud7
04-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Charlie Pride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIRTQ_k-Sg

Big Skyz
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
airbud7, here's a trivia question for you and the rest of the gang. Where did he live when his music career took off? No fair looking it up on the net.

airbud7
04-07-2017, 02:50 PM
What!...>No fair looking it up on the net?...Lol

His songs always made me happy when I was young....I heard that he/they hid the fact he was black for more sales though...not sure if thats true?

airbud7
04-07-2017, 03:04 PM
man i loved reo speedwagon in my late teens/early 20s.....seen them 2 times over in augusta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZr4XHlHP1c

BarryBobPosthole
04-07-2017, 03:17 PM
I have heard that trivia question before but can't remember it.

Airbud I was a kid when Charlie Pride became popular. I don't remember his color ever being hidden. I do remember people remarked about his white guy twang, him being a black guy and all.
He does a mean 'Kalijah'.

BKB

LJ3
04-07-2017, 03:18 PM
man i loved reo speedwagon in my late teens/early 20s.....seen them 2 times over in augusta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZr4XHlHP1c

I've gotten laid knowing how to play and sing that very song.

REO are homos. Except for Roll With The Changes.

airbud7
04-07-2017, 03:26 PM
I've gotten laid knowing how to play and sing that very song.

Yep^....a car and a 8 track tape/cassette of reo = Leg tonight....

Big Skyz
04-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Charlie Pride was living in Montana when he first got noticed. Once he moved to Great Falls, his career really took off...and the rest if history. I live 20 minutes from Great Falls, hence I know he's kind of a big deal around here.

quercus alba
04-07-2017, 03:51 PM
There's black folks in Montana? Who'da thunk it?

Captain
04-07-2017, 05:39 PM
I played drums for Charlie Pride in the late 70's. I was the drummer in the house band at a club in Charlotte where Randy got his start. Charlie played a concert in Charlotte and came to the club that night late.
He was a really cool and polite gentleman he did several songs and stayed at the club till closing.
There were several of them that would come by and do a song or two after their concert. Mostly guys, Ronnie Milsap, was another that would come by. The weemin would avoid the place, all but Tanya Tucker she didn't shy away. She could party and hold her own in any club! I could tell some stories but I don't want to be called Thump.... ;)

Captain
04-07-2017, 05:41 PM

airbud7
04-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Wow Cappy...you seen Tanya Tucker back in the day for real?....Cool!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9k2qlkWzfc

Captain
04-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Yes sir, I saw a lot of her......

airbud7
04-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Yes sir, I saw a lot of her......

hehehe...10-4

BarryBobPosthole
04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
She did my boy Glen Campbell wrong. She's a heifer.

BKB

airbud7
04-07-2017, 06:34 PM

BKB

Yea Barry.....she fucked his ass up with that pussy.....I wonder if Cappy got some back in the day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAU3B9Pi_U

Egghead
04-07-2017, 06:50 PM
I just listened to Meddle the other day. It was good.

BKB

One of my favs! Do you like The Final Cut? Most times it works for me.

And, being the fine noticer you are, have you caught that the end of the last song on most albums leads right into the first song?

Egghead
04-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Charlie Pride was living in Montana when he first got noticed. Once he moved to Great Falls, his career really took off...and the rest if history. I live 20 minutes from Great Falls, hence I know he's kind of a big deal around here.

I don't think I ever caught that's where you are. Are you close to Havre? When I first started working out of college I had to go to a small Superfund site right outside of there on an indian reservation... At the time, there was like one bar and a two train train museum, if memory serves.

BarryBobPosthole
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM
One of my favs! Do you like The Final Cut? Most times it works for me.

And, being the fine noticer you are, have you caught that the end of the last song on most albums leads right into the first song?

Yep! that's Pink Floyd for ya.

I'm not a fan of Final Cut. It was like the success of The Wall tore down whatever restraint they had over Roger Waters. I've not disliked The Wall, but its not on any of my playlists.

I saw them on the Animals tour in old Tampa Stadium. What a great venue and what a helluva concert.

BKB

Captain
04-07-2017, 07:56 PM

BKB

She did a lot of fellers wrong. She enjoyed her fun..

DeputyDog
04-07-2017, 08:49 PM
I've actually been listening to Jeff Healey lately. I think he was underrated as a guitar player. I don't think some people could get past him playing the guitar on his lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk