PDA

View Full Version : This really wasn't all that long ago (I was 9)

Thumper
04-09-2017, 01:33 PM
I was researching an item I'm getting ready to list on eBay, and came upon an old advertisement in a 1961 Salisbury, MD newspaper. The ad was in the classified section of the paper and I couldn't help but notice these particular "help wanted" ads. It sure is a reminder of how different things were during that period not so long ago.

1 - Female Help Wanted WAITRESS wanted (white) Sandy Hill Beach for every Saturday night. Must be 18 or over. See Mr. Kersey. Sandy Hill Beach.

2 - BAR-MAID WAITRESS Must be 21 White SALARY REASONABLE APPLY IN PERSON OR CALL DELMARVA SEAFOOD BAR COCKTAIL LOUNGE (2 miles South on Rt. 13) Pocomoke. Md. Phone 1390.

3 - Maryland Phone 500 WAITRESSES WHITE CURB/INSIDE APPLY IN PERSON after 5 o.m SHELTON DRIVE IN N. Salisbury Blvd.

But this ad interested me the most! (I'm assuming the $50 covers BOTH shotguns and the shells?)

16 GAUGE double barrel, perfect condition, Browning A-1, 20 gauge practically new, shot only a few times, with 2 boxes shells, $50. See at 112 Ninth St., Laurel, Del. Phone TR 5-7034