PDA

View Full Version : Some refreshing news

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Chip Kelley is staying at Oregon. Seems to be a solid citizen from just watching him on TV and reading about him. Miles better than that Belotti asshole they had before him. I think Oregon is going to rule the PAC 12 for a long time to come. Well, them and Stanford. I love Stanford's style of smash mouth football.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Kind of curious as all the "pundits" were saying he would leave because the NCAA was about hit them with sanctions. (Basically, he was going to pull a Peter Carroll...)

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Looks to be headed for a 'summary disposition' which is like the school admits to a few minor infractions and imposes their own penalties on themselves and in return the NCAA calls it all off. Oregon has been a pretty clean program under Kelley and I think they got caught using a dirty sports agents for 'recruiting services'. I honestly don't know how a school who wants to do things right could possibly understand all the rules. Basically they paid a contracted consultant to gather recruits and that contractor ended up being dirty.

I'm not an Oregon fan or anything, but I doubt this will amount to a hill of beans.

BKB

ps....the Bleacher Report has been carrying regular updates on their website. Great sports reporting on that site.