PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else got "fasciculation"???......

Big Muddy
04-10-2017, 03:37 PM
"Fasciculation"=muscle twitches caused by lack of sleep, allergies, certain foods, etc......every year about this time, when the pollen is in the air, my eyes start twitching....not so much my left one, but my right one twitches pretty bad....allergy-type eye drops quells it a good bit, but not entirely.

I know there are some "twitchy fokkers" around this joint, but never knew there was a term for it....any other "fasciculation" sufferers??? ;)

LJ3
04-10-2017, 03:42 PM
My casting finger twitches when I can't fish. Does that count?

Thumper
04-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Man, I remember when I first started getting laid in high school, I'd get so dang worked up that I had a bit of a problem with premature fasciculation.

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2017, 07:03 PM
My balls twitch every time I think about when my foot slipped off the pedal of my bike in sixth grade.

BKb

Thumper
04-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Ouch! That sure brings back memories. Growing up in Florida and hardly EVER wearing shoes, the chain coming off or feet slipping off the pedals usually meant cracked nuts AND stubbed toes! :crybaby

LJ3
04-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Man I'm surprised I even have toes given how many times I stubbed them. That shit HURT!

Big Muddy
04-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Only thing worse is actually getting your toes caught in between the chain and sprocket. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2017, 09:24 PM
The worse bicycle wreck I ever had: We lived in town during my third and fourth grade years. Of course in those days a ten year old with a bicycle was all over the place and i was one traveling little sob. The city library was up on the first bench of a very large hill (the World's Highest hill to be exact) and there was a particularly steep road, a dirt road, that went straight down the hill about a block away from the library. We used to go up the paved road and down the dirt road because it was steeper and funner. My bike had a big basket, me with a paper route, and the clips that fastened it to the handle bars didn't have bolts since after about a thousand miles they fell out somewhere. Did I mention I was my own ten year old bike mechanic too?

so one summer day i sailed off of that hill like a banshee and at somewhere close to terminal velocity the basket bounced off the handlebars and immediately fell right under my front wheel. Instantaneous stop. Full stop. The bike stopped and I flew down Terry Hill long enough in the air to fill the air with ten year old swear words. I had strawberries that entire summer from that wreck. Both knees, both elbows, forehear, chin, nose. All the tender bits.

And guess what? I fixed that damn basket and double torqured some new bolts and nuts and LOcKwashers too.

BKb

airbud7
04-10-2017, 09:44 PM
hahahahahahahaha^......dam Barry/ sorry to laugh but that was funny bro!

quercus alba
04-10-2017, 10:12 PM
You want to talk strawberries? I was riding on the hood of a 69 Nova shooting rabbits on a gravel road when they ran across, when the driver suddenly decided to hit the brakes when one ran out. I landed on both knees and then bounced several times to equally distribute the bruises and contusions. The driver claimed I hit, did a complete somersault then killed the rabbit while in the middle of a half gainer before rooting up 20 yds of gravel road.

I lost interest in rabbit hunting, gymnastics, and Chevy Novas for several years after that

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2017, 07:29 AM
I think a course of antibiotics will clear that up, BM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
04-11-2017, 08:09 AM
BBP your story cracked me up. I had a very similar wreck that involved significant air travel time. Long enough to consider what had happened, where I was going to land, and how much it was going to hurt. Rumor has it I was overheard to mumble "help me" in mid-flight. I never was able to live that one down.

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2017, 08:16 AM
I had a similar experience in my way to baseball practice when I was 12. Going down some thing we referred to locally as "Speed Hill" at approximately Mach 2 when my baseball mitt slipped off the handle bars and into the front spokes. Full stop. Flipped over the handle bars, landed feet first on my back. I still remember my other shaking her head and asking how in the world did you skin your backside and shoulders?

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2017, 09:01 AM
I'll bet you were one of those kidsthat wore a helmet.

Most helmet wearers grow up to be CFOs and stuff.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Aw, He'll no! No helmets, no car seats and all the second hand smoke I could handle.

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2017, 09:07 AM
lol, I can remember car trips where I'd sleep in the back window deck. We had a 64 olds dynamic 88 two door and its back window deck was spacious.

BKB

Thumper
04-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Dang! ALL of these stories bring back memories of very similar experiences!

P-hole's bike story reminds me of the time I had a "Schwinn Stingray". (I was 11-years old and cut grass for about elebenty-bazillion neighbors to pay for that bike.) We lived at the bottom of a large hill (rare in Florida) and the street was fairly steep as there was a large lake at the lower end of the street. The actual lakefront was all houses, so the street came to a "T" at the bottom of the hill where you'd turn either way to circumnavigate the lake. I got the bright idea to make a parachute out of a plastic shower curtain. I'd pack it in a shoe box (no lid) that I'd slip under my banana seat. I'd peddle down that hill and once I hit about mach-2.5, I'd reach down and shove the box out behind me. The box was secured by running the "suspension" lines through the end so it would stay attached, then the chute was attached to my seat post. It was really cool, but I still needed to hit the brakes pretty heavily in order to make the turn at the bottom. One day I'd already made a couple runs and decided to make a Herculean effort to hit mach-3 on the next run! I was peddling as fast as humanly possible, when about 3/4 down the hill, my chain came off. By that time, I thought I'd surpassed my goal of mach-3 and HAD to be doing at least mach-elebenty-sebenteen or thereabouts! All I know is I was going faster than the speed of light, had no brakes and had a 90-degree turn approaching ... FAST!! I flipped my chute out, but it only felt like it dropped my speed down by about a foot/hour! All I could think of was, if I didn't make the turn, the neighbor at the base of the hill was in for a big surprise as I would have crashed through their front door, blasted through the house, exited the back door and ended up in the lake! Then, to make matters worse (or better maybe?), right as I had to attempt the turn, a dang Merita Bread truck appeared at the bottom of the hill! I center-punched that box-truck with my face and my bike continued under the truck and exited the other side, coming to an abrupt halt once the parachute wrapped itself around my legs! Luckily, the truck was practically stopped anyway because he had to make that 90-degree turn to start UP the hill. Miraculously, I got a little banged up, but really wasn't hurt and the only damage to the truck was a large wet spot where my sweaty head smacked the side. :slaphead

Thumper
04-11-2017, 12:39 PM
lol, I can remember car trips where I'd sleep in the back window deck. We had a 64 olds delta 88 two door and its back window deck was spacious. BKB

Ha ha! P-hole, I used to do the same thing in my grandfather's old Studebaker which was the ONLY brand he'd ever buy. (BTW, they were called "package trays" back in the day.) Anyway, I always thought that thing was HUGE and, to me, it was as big as a twin bed! Then I remember when I hadn't gone on a "road trip" with my grandparents for a while, but the next time one came around, I immediately jumped up onto the package tray. Dang! First I bumped the heck out of my noggin on the back glass, then rolled off onto the back seat. WTF??? Did the car shrink or sumpin'?? It never crossed my mind that I'd gone through a growth spurt recently. I never will forget my disappointment when I realized I'd never again be able to lay on the package tray during a trip. :(

quercus alba
04-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Studebaker? Don't you mean Conestoga?

DeputyDog
04-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Dang! ALL of these stories bring back memories of very similar experiences!

P-hole's bike story reminds me of the time I had a "Schwinn Stingray". (I was 11-years old and cut grass for about elebenty-bazillion neighbors to pay for that bike.) We lived at the bottom of a large hill (rare in Florida) and the street was fairly steep as there was a large lake at the lower end of the street. The actual lakefront was all houses, so the street came to a "T" at the bottom of the hill where you'd turn either way to circumnavigate the lake. I got the bright idea to make a parachute out of a plastic shower curtain. I'd pack it in a shoe box (no lid) that I'd slip under my banana seat. I'd peddle down that hill and once I hit about mach-2.5, I'd reach down and shove the box out behind me. The box was secured by running the "suspension" lines through the end so it would stay attached, then the chute was attached to my seat post. It was really cool, but I still needed to hit the brakes pretty heavily in order to make the turn at the bottom. One day I'd already made a couple runs and decided to make a Herculean effort to hit mach-3 on the next run! I was peddling as fast as humanly possible, when about 3/4 down the hill, my chain came off. By that time, I thought I'd surpassed my goal of mach-3 and HAD to be doing at least mach-elebenty-sebenteen or thereabouts! All I know is I was going faster than the speed of light, had no brakes and had a 90-degree turn approaching ... FAST!! I flipped my chute out, but it only felt like it dropped my speed down by about a foot/hour! All I could think of was, if I didn't make the turn, the neighbor at the base of the hill was in for a big surprise as I would have crashed through their front door, blasted through the house, exited the back door and ended up in the lake! Then, to make matters worse (or better maybe?), right as I had to attempt the turn, a dang Merita Bread truck appeared at the bottom of the hill! I center-punched that box-truck with my face and my bike continued under the truck and exited the other side, coming to an abrupt halt once the parachute wrapped itself around my legs! Luckily, the truck was practically stopped anyway because he had to make that 90-degree turn to start UP the hill. Miraculously, I got a little banged up, but really wasn't hurt and the only damage to the truck was a large wet spot where my sweaty head smacked the side. :slaphead

I'm gonna call bullshit on this story. There is no such thing as large hill in Florida. What was it a termite mound?

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna call bullshit on this story. There is no such thing as large hill in Florida. What was it a termite mound?

I think Space Mountain is their highest hill.

BKB

Bwana
04-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Heaven forbid this bunch get back on topic, but to answer the original question, I do once in a while Big Muddy.

quercus alba
04-13-2017, 01:49 PM
https://youtu.be/xJxwgNqgobM

Thumper
04-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Man, I hate to say this because I'll prolly catch hell from youse dufes, but I met Bob Denver (Maynard) when I was about 10-12 years old. We had an annual telethon in Orlando to raise money for Cerebral Palsy research and kids would go around their neighborhoods collecting money to donate. It was televised from the Orlando Municipal Auditorium and any kid who donated, received an autographed picture of "Uncle Walt" (a local children's tv show). There were always various stars providing entertainment as the show was broadcast non-stop for 24-hours straight. That's where I got to meet "Maynard" and as he shook my hand, he asked my name. Ha! He thought I was joking until I told him how my last name is spelled. It seemed like immediately after Dobie Gillis went off the air, ol' Maynard popped up as Gilligan on Gilligan's Island.

Big Muddy
04-14-2017, 07:52 AM
I think I read somewhere that even though Denver was married, he was also ac/dc???

Thumper
04-14-2017, 08:48 AM
I think I read somewhere that even though Denver was married, he was also ac/dc???

Never heard that about Denver, but I remember hearing rumors years ago that Dwayne Hickman (Dobie Gillis) was gay or bi, but as far as I know, they were just rumors. I know he's been married a couple of times (still is as far as I know) and has kids. I've never met him, but when I worked at the Caddie dealer in Hollywood, one of our customers said he worked with him. I believe he (Hickman) became a bigwig with one of the television networks or something like that. I think the gay/bi thing was just rumor. My guess would be the "preppy" look he had in Dobie Gillis would spark that sort of rumor. I have no clue if it's true or not, but I'd guess not.

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/71/14/531741534-MV5BMTM4NDIzMjE1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE0MDU5NQ____ V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2017, 08:55 AM
What, no threesome with you, Bob and Ginger?

https://youtu.be/xJxwgNqgobM

Thumper
04-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Your quote is a bit confusing, but I assume you're talkin' to me?

Naaaa, I had the hots for Mary Ann. ;)

I guess I like that innocent, wholesome look. I also had the hots for Pam Dawber on Mork & Mindy. ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WnrV-d3OJPA/TVgFSGxQDYI/AAAAAAAACaA/kZnuxJqPZYI/s1600/Pam-Dawber-and-robin-williams-in-mork-and-mindy.jpg https://fourthdimensionalrecovery.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/dawn-wells.jpg

LJ3
04-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Never heard that about Denver, but I remember hearing rumors years ago that Dwayne Hickman (Dobie Gillis) was gay or bi, but as far as I know, they were just rumors. I know he's been married a couple of times (still is as far as I know) and has kids. I've never met him, but when I worked at the Caddie dealer in Hollywood, one of our customers said he worked with him. I believe he (Hickman) became a bigwig with one of the television networks or something like that. I think the gay/bi thing was just rumor. My guess would be the "preppy" look he had in Dobie Gillis would spark that sort of rumor. I have no clue if it's true or not, but I'd guess not.

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/71/14/531741534-MV5BMTM4NDIzMjE1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE0MDU5NQ____ V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

That dude is 100% turd bugler pillow biter.