PDA

View Full Version : Never gets old

Big Skyz
04-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Unlike talking politics, baseball, and about the news...catching high mountain brook trout on a marabou jig just never gets old for me.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/Troy%20Adams%204-7-17A_zpsatrswiir.jpg

quercus alba
04-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Skyz is the fishing version of cornholio

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch the coyotes are throwing a party.

BKB

Big Skyz
04-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Barry, their time is coming. Kind'a saving them. One little hint as to why I haven't been shooting any lately......they're gonna put me in the movies...

Hombre
04-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Big Sky - Years ago Trav and I had the bright idea that we'd enter the National Coyote calling competition in Wyoming. This was at a time when neither of us had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. So, we get this bright idea that we can do it cheap if we drive straight through, pre-cook all of our meals and take a crock pot to just heat stuff up in the room.

To this day its one of my most enjoyable trips. Part of it was having to do it so cheap it was quite the adventure. But the competition itself was pretty amazing too. They had a Calcutta the first night where teams were auctioned off, some went pretty pricey too. The next day we woke up early. Neither of us had ever hunted an area that was so open, without any trees. It felt like you could have seen a coyote for miles, and we were not very optimistic we'd see anything. We ended up calling in 5 day 1, but only shooting 1 (talk to Trav). At night everyone would bring their coyotes in to be recorded. The discussion with fellow hunters was great.

Big Skyz
04-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Hombre, that's a cool story and I really enjoyed reading it.